File Six: Meetings and Volunteers

Australia's eyes met India's. The meeting room with the other countries seemed to grow smaller and smaller with every passing moment, the worry and tension was too tense and thick. "So..." Australia mumbles slowly to her. "You'll... Be joining?" He asked slowly. India nodded with a very stern expression. "But only because of China." Canada softly tilted his head. "Why China?" He asked. India sighed. "He's being held captive by JE... I miss him... I worry." She admitted. Australia sighed with pity. India had loved China for a long time before he chose JE's younger sister, Japan over her.

New Zealand, who was still hilariously small, to the point when she could barely rest her arms on the table while sitting on a chair, then instantly reacted. "'hoo else is bein' held?" she asked quickly. India thought for a moment, before shakily answering. "Philippines and her brothers, Malaysia and Indonesia, and I remember that I was told Vietnam was there... But she wasn't being held captive..." She mumbled. "A few European countries are held too." She finished. Australia raised his head with suspicion. "How do you know about this?" He asked.

India sighed. "China and I have been exchanging notes while he's captured. I'll continue to do so if I'm allowed to join." She assured. Canada nodded. "In that case, you're very welcome to fight." He assured. Canada went on. "You gather research, be our eyes and ears from the inside. And America, you-" His brother suddenly cut him off. "Imma hafta pass." He said casually. Mexico chimed in. "Me too, remember what happened last time? Ai ai ai..." He mumbled shakily. Australia felt sorrowful sympathy for his brother. Reich's mother, German Empire had tried to turn him against his family and threatened some horrible things against him. Thank god Britain was there to stop her...

Canada nodded in understanding, then turned to America. "Why again? You tried to stay out of it last time and look where that got you. It's our father! Would you leave him to possibly die like that?" Canada asked in a temper. America stood up. "I don't care. Like you were cooperative in the revolution." America accused sharply. Canada sighed and turned away with a hint of shame. New Zealand stood in between them. After flashing them both a disappointed look, she sighed. "Look. All we need 's a few soldiers ta fight. And if America doesn't wanna fight, that's fine." She defended fiercely.

Australia nodded and finally spoke up amongst the awkward silence that followed. "I'll protect the African territories!" He claimed. Canada nodded. "I'll contact Dad." he responded. "I'll stay in oceanic territories to scout around for JE's base and when she least expects it..." She punched her fist into her hand to finish. America looked to her with worried eyes, he went to object, but New Zealand cut him off. "I get it. I'm small. But I'm just as much a soldier as you!" she pointed out. America sighed. "You were always stubborn, Kiwi." He noted with a note of amusement.

New Zealand scoffed, then softly paused as the intensity of the current situation set in, she could die, her brothers and friends could die. America obviously saw her face drop, because he knelt to her height and smiled softly. "I believe in you, sis..." he assured softly. New Zealand softly teared up, the warmness in her brother's tone softening her defensive nature. America softly wrapped his arms around her in a protective embrace. New Zealand, after a moment's hesitation, returned the hug. "...I'll miss you..." She mumbled, trembling against him. America grinned sympathetically in response. "Me too, sis... Me too."