Salvation

Washington DC
Navy Yard, NCIS office
10:02 pm

McGee goes to Jack's office because he is worried about Ellie and Nick. "Hey, Jack...", he starts. Then he realizes Jack's not alone. "Hi, Boss." "Hi, McGee. What are you doing here? Aren't you on call duty?", asks Gibbs. "Yeah, I took the cell phone", McGee replies. "What did you want to talk to me about, McGee? In other words, should Gibbs leave the room?", asks Jack McGee. "He can stay. Actually, I'm not here for me, but for Bishop and Torres. I have a feeling that they are in danger. They should have called by now", McGee replies anxiously. "They may have been held up because Kent wants to discuss something with them. Or they may have forgotten", Gibbs suggests. "I don't think so. My instinct tells me something is wrong", disagrees with McGee. I agree with McGee. Ellie and Nick should have reported in by now", agrees Jack McGee. "I agree with that. I just wanted to know why McGee feels that way", says Gibbs. "We have to tell Vance. Bishop and Torres may have been blown", says McGee. They leave Jack's office and go to Vance's office. Since his secretary has already gone home, they go in without knocking. "Gibbs, Jack, Agent McGee. To what do I owe the honor?", asks Vance, sitting at his desk. "Leon, we're worried about Ellie and Nick because they haven't called yet. They may have been blown", Jack explains. "Couldn't they have just been stopped by something?", asks Vance. "Leon, I don't think so. My instinct tells me they're in danger! And it's not just my instinct that says that: McGee's instinct says the same thing", Gibbs replies. "Do you know the address of Kent's hideout?" asks Vance. McGee gives him the address. "Meet me in the parking lot", says Vance and Gibbs, Jack and McGee leave his office.

Washington DC
Kent's Hideaway
10:58 pm

Gibbs, McGee, Jack and Vance getting out of the cars. Vance goes directly to the requested React-Team and consults with them, while Jack goes to the ambulances, which are a bit out of the way. "Could you please wait here until we come get you. We need to secure the area before we pick you up. We can't risk either of you getting hurt", says Jack. "Of course. Do you know how badly the children are injured?", asks one of the paramedics. "Not exactly. But as far as we know, they are not life-threatening", Jack replies. "All right," says the paramedic. Jack goes back to Gibbs and McGee and puts on a bulletproof vest. A few minutes later, Vance joins them. "Everything's arranged with the React-Team. We secure the building first, unless we find hostages. Rescuing them will take priority over securing the rest of the building.  Do the paramedics know about this?", he says. Jack nods and they start walking towards the buildings. With the React-Team they secure the ground floor and arrest several people. They advance to the basement while part of the React-Team goes to the first floor. The first basement room is empty, but in the second room Ellie and Nick are tied up. "Gibbs, McGee, Jack, Director! You found us!", says Nick relieved. Gibbs, Vance, Jack and McGee enter the room while two React-Team agents secure the door. Gibbs goes to Nick first and cuts the tape on his legs and hands. "Thank you, Gibbs", Nick says and tries to get up, but Gibbs holds him down. "Stay down! We do not want to take any chances", Gibbs orders. He goes to Ellie and cuts the tape on her legs. Then he also wants to remove the tape on her hands, but discovers the dislocated shoulder. He leaves the tape on as a precaution. Vance, who has called several paramedics for Ellie and Nick in the meantime, comes back. The paramedics have taken two stretchers with them and first they examine Ellie. "Do you know what happened?", one of the paramedics asks Nick. "Too much to list or find out why she is unconscious", Nick replies. The paramedics notice Ellie's dislocated shoulder and the fact that the tape on her hands was not removed. "Good thing you left her hands cuffed", says one of the paramedics.  Then he continues: "We have to fix her arm. You there", he points to Jack, "you hold your arm in exactly the position it is now. And you", he says, pointing at Gibbs, "you cut the restraint as soon as your colleague has secured her arm. Jack and Gibbs nod and do what the paramedic tells them. The paramedic has fetched a harness and is now securing Ellie's shoulder with two of his colleagues. "You can let go now", the paramedic says to Jack after they secured the shoulder. "Couldn't you have just fixed the shoulder?", McGee asks. "I'm afraid not, that has to be done at the hospital and then examined immediately. Otherwise there could be permanent damage", replies one of the paramedics. They lift Ellie onto a stretcher and help Nick onto the other. They want to go outside. "Stop. I'm coming with you to the hospital", Jack says. "Me too", says Vance. "Director, you don't have to come to the hospital", Nick says, grimacing in pain at his face because he has trouble talking. "I know that, Agent Torres. But you are one of my people and it is my decision. Gibbs, McGee, I expect you to arrest this son of a bitch", Vance replies. Jack, Vance and the paramedics with Ellie and Nick leave the building and head for the ambulances. Ellie is pushed into one and Nick into another. Jack goes to Ellie and Vance to Nick. The paramedics close the doors and drive off. McGee and Gibbs continue to search the buildings with the React-Team. They shoot several of Kent's men and find every children Kent have taken. The children are on their way to the hospital when Gibbs and McGee storm Kent's office. They shoot the two men left with him and are now alone with him. Kent drops his gun. Gibbs walks up to him and punches him in the face with his fist. McGee comes up from behind and captures Kent. Gibbs notices a shoeprint in Kent's face. "What happened to your face?", asks Gibbs. "Your damn agent kicked me in the face!", Kent replies angrily. "Bishop", comments McGee, grinning. An hour later, they have secured the entire compound and are taking all surviving men from Kent and Kent himself to NCIS for interrogation.