Awake

Washington DC
Washington General
8:54 am

Gibbs, Jack and McGee are at Washington General to talk to Jessy again and maybe even to Petty Officer Williams. Lieutenant Williams is just coming out of her family's room as Gibbs, Jack and McGee join her. "Lieutenant, did you sleep last night?", asks Gibbs. "No, sir. The doctors offered me a bed, but I declined. I wanted to watch over Jessy and Jack. I thought the kidnappers might come back", replies Lieutenant Williams. "Lieutenant, we've placed agents outside your door", says Jack. "Get yourself some coffee," Gibbs orders. "Agent McGee will accompany you." "How do you take your coffee?", asks McGee, who realizes that Lieutenant Williams does not want to leave her husband and daughter alone. "Black, one sugar", replies Lieutenant Williams, and McGee leaves. "Can we talk to Jessy?", Gibbs asks. Lieutenant Williams nods and goes back into the room. She says: "Jack was awake for a moment about half an hour ago. Now he is sleeping again." "How is he?", Jack asks. "Better, I think. But I'm not sure. I couldn't talk to him. He was really only conscious for a short time and was examined by the doctors the whole time", answers Lt. Williams. In the room Jack goes to Jessy immediately. "Hello Jessy. Do you still remember me?", Jack asks Jessy. Jessy nods. "Who is this?", she then asks. "I am Jethro Gibbs, but everyone calls me Gibbs. So you might as well do the same", Gibbs introduces himself. "Are you a friend of Ellie and Jack's?", asks Jessy curiously. "Yes, we are friends and colleagues", replies Gibbs. "Yes, everyone at NCIS is a friend. That's important to keep them safe", explains Petty Officer Williams. "Daddy!", shouts Jessy. Gibbs introduces Jack and himself: "Petty Officer Williams, we're Special Agents Gibbs and Sloane. It's good to see you conscious again. May we ask you a few questions?" Petty Officer Williams nods. Jack asks: "What do you remember "I picked up Jessy and Ray from school. They were laughing about something. I had parked the car in a street next to the school. Just as we were getting in, five men from somewhere came and attacked us. I tried to defend us, but I didn't stand a chance against five men", says Petty Officer Williams as Gibbs takes notes. "Do you know anything else?", Gibbs asks. Petty Officer Williams shakes his head. "No. Is there anything else I need to remember?" he asks. "This happened while you were already unconscious", concludes Jack. McGee comes back with the coffee. "Who's that?", asks Jessy anxiously. "That's Tim. He is also a friend of ours", Gibbs introduces McGee. "What happened when I was unconscious?", asks Petty Officer Williams. "When you were unconscious, Jessy and Ray were kidnapped. It was not your fault. Nobody is as good as fighting five men and winning.  If I may put it that way", Jack explains. "Where is Ray? Is he okay?", Petty Officer Williams asks anxiously. "He is still kidnapped. But we are doing everything we can to save him. We have two agents undercover", Jack explains. "But then you know where Ray is! Why don't you get him out? You know who is behind this! And you know where they're hiding is!", Petty Officer Williams gets upset. McGee goes closer to Petty Officer Williams and lowers his voice so that Jessy doesn't hear anything. "Petty Officer Williams, calm down and listen to me. Jessy and Ray were kidnapped by child traffickers and we're trying to take down the entire ring. We didn't take Jessy out of there either, we found her by the side of the road. She got away from the child traffickers", McGee explains. "Jessy, do you remember anything else?", Jack asks. "No. If I knew anything else, I would tell you", replies Jessie. "We will definitely leave our agents at your door. Lieutenant Williams, please come outside for a moment", says Jack. Gibbs, McGee and Jack go outside, Lieutenant Williams follows them. "If your husband or daughter has any more ideas, call us," says McGee and gives Lieutenant Williams his card. Lieutenant Williams nods. "Thank you. For everything you do in this case", she says. "You're welcome. That's what we're here for", says Jack. Jack, Gibbs and McGee are leaving the hospital.