V

Áine Richards

Thursday rolled in and tonight it was our family dinner but first I had to head to work. My newest client, Amaru was the hardest I had to ever deal with.

Besides being negative about everything, he was hard headed as well and mean to me. I totally understood that he wanted to walk and he wanted it to happen now but he couldn't rush the process or he wasn't going to heal properly.

I sighed as I parked my car outside their house which I must say is very beautiful. I liked the way it was designed. It clearly had the touch of a woman which I haven't seen but that was none of my business.

I grabbed my gym bag from the back and opened my door, stepping out my car. I walked towards the door and rang the doorbell.

I look at myself through the door and liking the way I looked. I wasn't unkempt like the other times I have been. I had went to go get my eyebrows threaded yesterday afternoon after my session with Amaru.

I finally got a manicure so I wouldn't be embarrassed shaking other people's hands. It was short nude pink and coffin shaped. It wasn't too long nor too short. My hair was washed, deep conditioned and silk pressed, reaching my middle back. I thank my beautiful ancestors for my good hair genes.

I had started a new face routine last night so my face was glowing and I looked like I was alive and not a zombie. I actually looked like myself. I actually looked like somebody.

The door opened, revealing Noonie who had a huge smile on her face. I gave her one back. She was so sweet and kind towards me. I took a liking to her from the first day I met her.

"Good morning Ney". She said, opening the door wider for me to come. I walked in and waited for her to close the door.

"Hey Noon, how are you doing?". I asked her as we walked to the gym room.

"I'm good, you look different and cute". She complimented causing me chuckled.

"Thank you". I said, brushing my hand over my hair that was tied in a low ponytail with a middle part. I liked it so much. My facial features were definitely showing out today.

"You should smile more often. It looks good on you". Noonie told me. I smiled small, hearing those words. I haven't been feeling my best in the last few months and I appreciated it so much.

I was trying to get back to myself and it was hard, especially being in a relationship with someone for ten years and they constantly hurt you or disregarded you as if you were nothing to them.

"I have nothing to smile about". I told her and I saw a frown grace her face.

"Don't say that about yourself", she turned around, looking at me, "you have a lot to smile about. You are alive and well. You are a very beautiful woman". She said to me.

If only you knew I thought while staring at her. One thing about Noonie that I noticed and loved about her was that she was a very optimistic and positive human being.

"Thank you for your kind words but it easier said than done". I told her. Her frown deepened and she folded her arms on her chest, clearly not happy with my response.

"Anyways I gotta get to work. See you later". I told her causing her to nod her head. I turn away from her and walked towards the in-home gym.

I opened the doors and was immediately bombarded with music blasting through the speakers. I looked around and my eyes met with Amaru who was in the corner, doing weight lifts.

I dropped my bag and walked towards the speaker. I turned down the loud music causing him to look my way. He hadn't noticed when I walked in. I could feel his eyes on me as I turned back around walking towards him.