XXI

Three days later

"Amaru open the door I'm coming up". Áine announced as she drove in the building's parking lot. She grabbed her overnight bag, phone, food she had got from her mom and hopped out her car.

She headed to the elevator and pulled out the sanitizer and spritzed some on her hand before, walking in. She pressed the eighth floor button with her knuckles.

Áine slipped in the elevator and couldn't help but examine herself in the mirror. She really liked the way the short hair looked on her. It brought out her almond shaped eyes and the oval face she had.

The past six months really did good for her because her confidence had skyrocketed. She got her physical and mental health in good condition and she was as happy as ever.

Perhaps the break up was exactly what she needed. She has never felt so liberated. She could finally do things like  putting herself first  and not feelong bad or feeling like she was going to be scolded and that was an amazing feeling

As soon as the elevator dinged, she quickly walked to the door and got inside being Amaru was waiting for her by the door.

"Took you long enough". He scoffed, closing the door behind her and grabbing her duffle bag and the bag of food, placing it on the kitchen counter

"I'm sorry. Had to help my mom with some things. And I brought food". She told him letting him know.

"Angel loves me that's fosho". He chuckled. They had somewhat gotten to know each other in just three days and Angel like Amaru.

"Yeah yeah, she talks about you all the time ". Áine rolled her eyes.

"Don't be jealous I was able to charm her. She couldn't resist all this". He motioned towards himself causing Áine to bust out laughing

"Yeah right". She scoffed, removing her uggs and slipping into slides. His slides.

"Damn make yourself comfortable then". He said, watching her slip into his slides.

"Don't you have more slides in the house?". She questioned with her brow raised and hands on her hips.

"You know I like those more".

"And you know I like them too. Why didn't you get another pair?". She challenged him causing him to smack his teeth. He towered over her 5'6 frame. He never got over how short she was.

"And you wearing them right now". She looked down and saw him wearing the Nike slides while she wore the Adidas one.

"Bro move on". He playfully mushed her head making her squeal.

"I should tell on you. You must hate me to be mushing my head like that". She told him

"Who you gon tell?". He asked her, as they walked up to his room making him drop the bag onto the floor.

"My mama nigga. She will fight you behind me okay!". She walked over his drawers and grabbed one of his t-shirt. She walked into the bathroom and stripped off her clothes, pairing that with booty shorts. The house was warm enough for them to walk around half naked.

"Are you sure that's your moms?". Amaru questioned again. He's been asking that since the Thanksgiving dinner.

"Yeah why?". She asked him with her brows raised and walking out the bathroom.