XXIV

It was Friday night and it was my date with Ronan. We only getting to meet today being that he has been busy with getting situated at his new house. I haven't been there but my mom said, it was a beautiful house. Good for him.

And it's been three days of avoiding Amaru after the bombshell he dropped on me. I didn't know how to feel about it. I just didn't want to complicate our friendship. We had a good thing going as FRIENDS. And for him to tell me what he told me? Kinda messed me up.

Deciding that I didn't want to think about it or him, I was using this time to go out on a date with Ronan although I had agreed way before Amaru told me he liked me as more than a friend.

I was done getting dressing up, all I had to do was put on my shoes and grabbed my purse when it was time to leave. My hair was growing which wasn't good for me cause I didn't know how to maintain it long anymore.

I liked the little twa I had. My curls were growing out. I laid my edges with my edge control. I had put a little foundation, did my eyebrows and put on lashes. I did the brown lip with the gloss on my lips. I looked cute

I had put in my diamond earrings and pendant necklace I had done of my baby. I was snapped out of my thoughts by my phone ringing.

I walked towards the bed, grabbing it from the bed and seeing Ronan's name plastered across my screen. I swiped across the screen and placed the phone on loud speaker, moving to the dresser.

"Hi". I said.

"Hey Nene, I'm about to pull up at your moms house". He informed me.

"Okay, I will be waiting ". I told him.

"Cool, see you soon". He said to me and dropping the call. I grabbed my perfume. I spritzed the Dior Addict by Christian Dior and then grabbed my thigh high boots being Ronan was arriving in a moment and pulling the black knitted dress down.

When I was done, I went to grabbed my white peacoat from the closet. I slipped it on and grabbed my purse and phone heading downstairs.

I walked into the living room, seeing my mom reading a book. I cleared my throat making her look at me. Her eyes widened then a smile graced her face.

"Oh wow Ney! You look beautiful ". She complimented, standing up and walking towards me.

"Ronan will be over you tonight". She teased causing me to roll my eyes. I wasn't dressing up for him. It was for me.

"Yeah, no". A scoff escaped my lips.

"Don't be like that Ney. Give him a chance".

"I'm just going so he stops nagging me. I told y'all I'm not ready for a relationship". I stated. I didn't get why everyone was forcing a relationship on me. I didn't want to be in one

"Okay Áine, no need to be defensive". My mom stepped back with her hands held up. A sigh escaped my lips.

"Look I'm sorry for talking to you in that manner, mama but I'm just living my life. No relationships, nothing!". I told her, apologizing as well

"Its okay my baby. I understand". She said as the door bell chimed. We both looked at each other and smiled. I turned around and walked towards the door, with nerves swimming in my body because I didn't know what to expect from this date.

I turned the door knob and swung the door open. Ronan eyes widened as they landed on me. They trailed from my feet and to up my face where he stared for a while without blinking.

"Wow... you- you look beautiful ". He complimented, finally finding his words.

"Thank you Ro, you don't look to bad yourself. Are you ready to go?". I asked him, seeing as he was currently tongue tied. He had on black fitted jeans a white hoodie and a black bomber jacket on top paired with his tan timbs.