14. So what you're saying is

"So what you're saying is..."

Kiyomi stopped in disbelief, she pinched the bridge of her nose and exhaled a tired breath. Everything was ruined yet again.

"That you two were trying to kill each other?" She inquired, exasperated as she pointed at the Ackerman pair.

"And his majesty decided to protect Lady Mikasa after Ms. Blouse tried to shoot both of you with an arrow?"

The trio nodded.

"And now, King Eren had to be taken to the nearest hospital with our only carriage, and the capture the flag game has now been canceled?"

They nodded again, like children being scolded.

"Why were you two fighting in the first place?" Kiyomi didn't understand.

Levi shrugged.

"Look lady, we're Ackerman's. No matter how hard we fight, we can't kill each other. You might want to dress Mikasa up all pretty and pretend she's one of you but she's been with us since the start. Don't concern yourself with how we do the customs you forced onto us. Have you ever decided to ask Mikasa what she wanted?" Levi scoffed.

He knew the women couldn't understand his relationship with the younger girl. They fight like siblings but they love each other just as much, he didn't have the patience to explain that.

Sasha nodded in agreement.

Kiyomi finally brought her eyes to the girl, ever since they brought Eren back to camp, she's been distant. Almost like she's in her world.

Her face was stoic but her eyes were empty, as though she was traumatized. Her hands wouldn't stop shaking. It didn't help that she couldn't go with him to the hospital and Historia was the one who went instead.

For the first time, Kiyomi felt concerned for the girl. She's really shaken up.

"Mikasa," Kiyomi placed her hands on her shoulders, trying to snap her out of whatever daze she was in.

"Do you want to continue these games or do you want to go with your friend to the hospital?"

"Eren," Mikasa said without hesitation. "Can I please go to Eren?"

Kiyomi sighed, knowing what she must do.

"Fine, the games off now canceled. We did have a few more days out here but due to the circumstances, we all should leave tomorrow."

Kiyomi felt it.

The impact-fullness of her decision. In her clan's culture, it is said to be an ill omen to cancel or postpone the wedding games for any reason, for it will bring misfortune onto the bride and groom and they will leave each other on the day of the wedding.

Kiyomi never knew if that old wife's tale was true, so she decided to put Mikasa's happiness first.

She disbanded the trio and they all walked towards the cottage together. Jean noticed them approaching and immediately ran to Mikasa.

He stopped before her, breathless.

"Mikasa, may I hug you?" He questioned. Mikasa was yet to look at him but she nodded, she hadn't even really heard what he said.