26. Well, this is awkward.

Well, this is awkward...

Two pairs of green eyes met questioningly. They both stared at each other in amazement.

"Mikasa...sama?" The servant girl was startled by the position she came and saw her lady in.

Sitting on the lap of a strange man, holding him tightly whilst being a nose width away from his lips.

Mikasa sprung up off of Eren. He awkwardly pulled himself up not sure who the newcomers are.

Mikasa dismissed the guard and servant girl who quickly ran away, not wanting to be caught up in the mess. Only Erika stayed.

Mikasa placed a hand on the sides of her head and massage her temples, not knowing how she should approach this situation.

"Mikasa, is everything ok? What's going on?" Eren worriedly placed a hand on her shoulder, seeing her in distress concerned him.

Erika blared angrily. How dare this man touch her mother so causally?

"Watashinohaha o hanatte oite, anata kawarimono!" She ran angrily towards the man.

She bunched her tiny fists together and pounded them against Eren's leg in rage, thinking she was saving her mother.

Eren thought a slight wind was rustling his clothing or maybe even a tiny teddy bear until he looked down to see the child trying to ambush him. Looking aggressively adorable.

"Mikasa, why is this little munchkin attacking me?"

"She thinks you were trying to harm me and she's calling you a weirdo,"

"Oh," he agreed. "Understandable."

Mikasa knelt to Erika's level and gently clasped her hands.

"It's ok, little one. There is no need to worry," Mikasa said in her first language which she had been secretly teaching to her child.

"But... momma... he-"

"Momma?" Eren froze in his place.

Mikasa slowly stood up and turned to him. Feeling her stomach embroidered together in knots, she doesn't know how to approach the situation.

"Eren," she sucked in a breath. "This is Erika. Erika, this is Eren,"

"E...rika?" Eren breathed out harshly, his brain not comprehending what's going on.

That name...

Erika folded her tiny arms tightly and furrowed her brows deeply whilst pursing her lips, trying her darn hardest to look intimidating.

"I still don't know him, momma."

"Erika?" Eren repeated, raising his eyes to Mikasa's, "Is she..."

"Two weeks after I left Paradis, I found out I was pregnant. We hadn't even made it here yet. Kiyomi wanted me to pretend she was Jean's child but I opposed. He found out anyways and helped me through six months of my pregnancy. He left us, the night she was born. She came out too early. He said he couldn't raise another man's child... he couldn't raise a child he knew was yours, Eren,"