[Preface]

You hadn't really thought about it. Death. It was very, very easy. Quite simple, in fact. Painful or painless. Fast or slow. Whatever way it would be, it was bound to happen. It was inevitable.

So fast... an entire life, gone. At the snap of a finger, or at the blink of an eye. Just... gone. It was scary to think how some people could just take others' lives, without even thinking much of it.

Taking the lives of other humans, as if they were livestock.

You hadn't ever given a thought... about how you would die. Ordinarily, you would've had a reason on how, or when you would've died. Accident? Disease?

...

'Murder?'

...

No. Death had to be earned as well.

...

Your thoughts ceased to exist when you ran. Your body ached intensely, and your chest burned. Your heart raced so much, it felt like it would beat out of your chest.

You ran and ran until you reached an abandoned park, and stood underneath a beautiful, but surreal pavilion. The world around you seemed so unfamiliar.

You looked around frantically, for any signs of them. Until all of a sudden, you felt an arm snake around your waist, and quickly turn you around.

You felt as if your head would split when he pushed you up against a wooden beam, his body close to yours.

...

That's when you realized that you would've rather died than be here; than be stuck with him.

...

You would've had everything planned out if you had known. What you would've accomplished before then, who you would've said goodbye to last- but you would've never thought of this. Was it death that was near?

...