[Chapter 3]

▨ ▨ ▨

Honestly, Humanities wasn't one of your strongest subjects. And History was something you had always found boring unless it was about war. But human evolution, the ethic, and the arts of humanity had always seemed fascinating.

You learned about Leonardo da Vinci when you visited a museum with your parents- a special museum, as a young child. They used to take you there often, but the only topics that seemed interesting were dinosaurs, Greek mythology, astronomy, and famous artworks. Leonardo da Vinci was among one of your favorites.

As you peered into his gentle, viridian-grey eyes, you spoke, "1490." His expression softened as you elaborated. "Leonardo da Vinci made the Vitruvian Man.. in about 1490."

He smiled. "Poor is the pupil who does not surpass [her] master," he quoted da Vinci, "but it seems like you already have."

He backed away after realizing how close he had been to you, and he rubbed the back of his head. You politely smiled in response to his compliment.

As the two of you distanced, you had a moment to observe his features. Was he another student here? He seemed to be too old to be a student, but much too young to be a professor. He was tall- much taller than you. Not that you were short or anything, but he must've been at least 6 ft. He wore a dark, navy blue shirt, which highlighted his broad shoulders. He had a lean body, but gentle composure.

Behind him, a door opened and students began pouring into the classroom. As Cho-Hee walked in, you gave the knowledgeable male an amiable smile and jogged up to your friend. The emerald-eyed girl held a small, plastic bag, with two or three juice boxes or milk cartons inside. And what looked like Taiyaki, or sweet bean cakes.

"Y/N, hurry," she quickly told you while grabbing your hand, and sitting you down next to her in the front row.

"Why are we sitting here?"

"These are the most VALUABLE SEATS-" when she was cut off, you then understood. The front row had been taken immediately, all of them by girls in your class. Others who hadn't gotten a chance crowded around the two of you, begging to switch seating. Some offered food, and even money. You insisted that the two of you just moved as it wouldn't really make a difference, but when you saw the look of terror and shock inscribed on the pale girl's face, you shut up.

The room was loud, with all the other students walking around and talking, and others swarming you, Cho-Hee, and the male with the navy shirt. The sound of a book slamming down on a desk shook everyone from their world, and everyone's attention turned to the sound. It was then that you realized that he was the teacher.

Everyone quickly found seats and situated themselves, and then turned their attention back to him.

"Good morning, everyone," the male greeted the class, his eyes scanning each and every one of the students, row by row. "My name is Hiro, Hiro Yamazaki. I'll be your teacher for this semester. You may address me as..." his gaze landed on you, and he smiled again. It was genuine and warm. "Professor Hiro."