[Chapter 6]

"You hope we don't get lost," you joked. Akito quickly shook his head, chuckling. And then the two of you reached a room, with enormous, almost Olympic-sized pools. You knew how to swim and all, but just looking around the arena was terrifying, yet wondrous at the same.

You set down your bag and walked over to the edge, and you peered into the clear water. Next to you, it read 4ft. 

The deeper pools on the other side of the arena were 6ft, and some others were 12ft. At the bottom of every pool were long stretches of tiles, shaped like Ts. And the deeper the pool became, the bluer the water appeared.

The 4ft pools' waters appeared a very light blue, while the 6ft ones appeared lightly azure. The 12ft ones appeared to be a darker cerulean. 

Ropes separated pool lanes, with colorful, round plastic floats on each of them. All the lane lines matched, with a pattern of yellow and dark blue.

Large, fluorescent lights beamed down from above, illuminating the arena. There were diving boards on the other end of the 6ft and 12ft pools, chairs, and bleachers.

While you observed the magnificence of the place, Akito emerged from the changing rooms. He wore black jammers, with modern blue and gold patterns. He also had a swim cap in his hand and a pair of dark goggles. He had a lean and toned body. Probably a result of swimming a lot.

Throwing his cap to the side, he lept in, barely splashing any water from his clean dive. Your expression turned to one that of surprise, and even amazement. You smiled and clapped as he then emerged from the water.

"I'm on the swim team," he told you proudly, pushing his wet hair back. "What about you? You play any sports?"

You shook your head, lightly smiling. "I did Taekwondo for a few years when I was younger, and that's about it."

He smiled and jumped back into the water. You curiously watched him as he swam to the other end, and came back with a colorful cupcake floaty.

"C'mon," he told you, pulling it up to you with a mischievous grin. He gave you a steady and confident smile as you nervously laughed, but the boy insisted. Kicking off your shoes, you cautiously sat down on it. It was wobbly, but Akito held onto it firmly. He was stronger than he looked.

Suddenly, you felt your stomach drop as he pulled you away from the pool's edge.

"H-hey!" You shouted, a little panicked. The water below you was 6ft, and you were still wearing your uniform.

"Relax, Y/N," he assured you. "I won't let you fall in."

Even though you could, probably, swim, the feeling was startling.

However, his words, a little surprising, made you feel warm and protected. You couldn't help but look surprised, and you broke into laughter after a bit. You relaxed and trusted him, and laughed even more as he took you around the pool, even splashing a little water on you for fun.

For a moment, when he wasn't looking, you splashed water on his face and he pretended a wave hit him, dramatically falling back into the water. As he emerged from the water again, he gave you a goofy grin.

The two of you ended up spending a lot of time there, and you forgot about your tiredness. And your stomach hadn't hurt from laughing so much in a long, long time.

~Meanwhile~

"Cho-Hee, we've literally searched everywhere," Chiyo told the dark-haired girl beside her, slouching. "Maybe she just went home."

"WHAT IF SHE GOT LOST—?!"