Kanon x Reader

I walked down the street, making sure I had time to get to my destination a bit early. However, as I walked I saw a girl with light blue hair ahead of me.

"Hey Kanon, you on your way to Ember too?" I asked. Cafe Ember is the cafe I work part time at. The main selling point is that it's a place where our customers can get cozy and relax and Kanon comes by pretty often. I'd end up talking to her a bit while I served her and we've ended up as friends.

"Oh hello Y/n. Yeah I was on my way to Cafe Ember." Kanon answered.

"I was on my way there myself. Would you like to go with me?" I asked.

"Sure. I'll go with you." Kanon said.

I quickened my pace so I could reach where she was ahead of me before we began the walk together. "I'll see if I can take care of serving you today." I said "That way we can talk a bit more as I do it."

"You don't have to Y/n." she responded

"I don't, but I want to. I really enjoy talking to you." I said.

Kanon blushed slightly at my statement, she's alway so cute. "You know.. You have seemed a bit different recently." She commented.

I shrugged. "I've wanted to change from the quiet, closed often I used to be for a long time now. I just have finally started pushing myself that extra little bit to get going."

That's not the entire truth, while I've definitely wanted to change, there's more to it than that. I've been in love with Kanon for a while now, but there is no way somebody who barely talks to people unless they start the conversation and doesn't have many friends is anywhere good enough for someone like Kanon. I want to tell her how I feel, but I feel that I need to become more than who I currently am before I can do that. I want to be better than that before I do it.

"I hope you can reach the way you want to be." Kanon said.

"Thanks." I replied.

We had reached Cafe Ember and as we both entered, I waved to Kanon as I headed back to change into my work clothes.

"I'll serve the girl I came in with." I said to my coworkers.

"So you want to be the one to serve your girlfriend huh?" Hayami teased.

I blushed, "She isn't my girlfriend! She's just a regular that I became friends with." I tried to explain. Hayami smirked and kept teasing me for a bit longer before I entered the changing room. I changed into the black dress pants and white dress shirt with a black vest on top that is the uniform. When I came out, I grabbed a small notepad and pen to write down orders, I occasionally have a bit of trouble remembering the orders of customers who are particularly talkative so it's nice to have on hand.

I headed out to where the customers were and after seeing the table where Kanon was sitting, I headed towards her.

"So what would you like today?" I asked, she comes by every so often and I've gotten a handle of some of the stuff she typically orders, but it never hurts to check.

"I'll have a coffee and some chocolate cake." Kanon answered.

"Got it, I'll bring you your food in a minute." I said before turning to head back and tell her order to the kitchen.

As I turned around, two girls about my age both sat down at the table next to Kanon's "Excuse me." one of the girls said.

I turned to face them. "Yes?"

"Before you take her order back, could you please take our order as well?" she asked.

"Of course. What would you like?" I asked