Eve x Reader

As I sat in class, my thoughts distracted me from the lesson. It's not uncommon for my head to be up in the clouds, but today, among the random thoughts I would contemplate and the stories that I came up with on the fly, I struggled to suppress a particular line of reasoning that I've been trying to ignore for the longest time.

When classes eventually came to an end, I got up from my desk and headed to the doorway, which I ended up getting to at the same time as my friend Eve.

Eve is somebody who I bumped into in the hall one day as she was heading towards one of the couple clubs she's a part of. After realizing she was a girl in my class, I tried to talk to her one day in between classes, and we ended up hitting it off, getting along pretty well. She's this bright, honest, energetic, foreign beauty and I really love spending time with her and the joy she adds to my life. And truthfully, I've ended up falling in love with her, even if I don't know if I'll ever tell her.

"Hey Y/n." Eve said

"Hey Eve, what's up?" I responded "So what do you have going on today?"

"Actually I'm free." Eve responded

"Are you now? That's great to hear." I said

"Wait, are you alright Y/n? You seem a little bit more distant than usual." Eve asked, looking at me with a slightly concerned expression

"I'm fine, don't worry." I said, trying to give her a reassuring smile "But hey, if you're free today, do you wanna go do something? Like a movie or something."

"I'd love to." Eve said after a second, she continued "There's actually a movie that I was hoping to see soon."
"Then let's go see it." I said, smiling

—---------------------------------------------------

When we got to the theater, we ended up seeing the movie that had caught Eve's interest: one about the training and journey of Sasaki Kojiro before his battle with Miyamoto Musashi. The movie was interesting enough, and the way Eve watched so intently I couldn't help but find it really cute.

After the movie, Eve and I headed to a nearby park, talking about our thoughts on the movie. I've had an incredible time with Eve today, but after a while of talking about it, I eventually ran out of things to say about it and ended up more quiet.

Eve then stopped talking about the movie and said "Y/n, if something's wrong, just know I'm here for you, alright?"

As she said that, I felt that familiar feeling in my heart, but at the same time, what she said there was exactly what I was worried about, what was stopping me from telling her how I feel.

Eve grew up in Finland, and she's told me plenty about where she grew up, and it's caused me to wonder if maybe someday she'll want to go back there and live there again, where she can be alongside her old friends again. When I think about saying goodbye to her, and possibly never seeing her again, I can't help but hurt. And if I ended up in a relationship with her, the pain of separation could become all the worse.

I took a deep breath and told myself that it was time to make a decision to a question I've been trying to answer for a while now: is telling her how I feel and possibly entering a relationship with her worth the extra pain at possible separation?

Yes, without a doubt, Eve is worth it. There have been times where I've started to wonder to myself if getting to be beside her as her friend was worth the pain if she someday left and I never saw her again, and each time I thought that, I told myself that the joy that I experience when I'm with her is something that there's isn't anything quite like, and it leaves me so grateful to be beside her. And so now I decide to myself that even if it'll hurt even more if I lose her someday, these special moments where it's just the two of us being beside each other will make it all worth it.

"Eve, I think I'm ready to tell you what's wrong. Why I've seemed distant today, and how I really feel about you." I said, trying to muster every ounce of courage inside me.

"What is it, Y/n?" Eve said in response

After one last deep breath, I spoke the words that had immediately came to my mind "Eve, as much as I love being beside you, there are times where I someday wonder if someday you'll decide that you want to return to Finland and live your life there, and while I know if you made that decision, then I shouldn't have any problem with it, but truthfully, I worry about the pain of saying goodbye to you one last time. It's even stopped me from telling you how I feel because it might make that possibly happening hurt all the worse. But I still love you so very much Eve, and if I can spend this moment with you, with you knowing how I really feel, then I'll be happy."

Eve looked at me in surprise for a moment before she began to hug me and said "I love you too Y/n. And while I still love my home in Finland, there are so many people I love here too that I would never leave here forever."

"I see, then I guess I had just been a complete fool." I said, realizing to myself that I had misunderstood just who Eve was, and that if I could do that, that maybe I wasn't quite good enough for her. At least, that's what I was thinking before Eve gave me a brief kiss on the lips, which subsequently caused my mind to go blank.

As Eve stood in front of me, a soft blush on her cheeks, she said "I hope now you realize just how much I love you."

"Right, thank you Eve. I promise that I'm gonna work hard to stay beside you." I said

"You will? Then let's work hard together!" Eve said

From there, we walked side by side, talking about the things that had kept our focus for a while longer. Humans are strange, for all the potential for pain we can cause each other, there isn't a single person who thinks that it's better to separate ourselves from each other. And I know that while the possibility of something happening with Eve hurting me, or something happening to me that would hurt Eve, we want to be together, and so despite that we'll go and be happy together whether it be for this moment or for a long time to come.

--------------------------------------------

A/n: A couple days late, but it's the thought that counts, right? Like so very often, one of my oneshots was influenced by a particular sentiment, and this time it's actually based off of something from an old journal of mine that I took a peek in, where I had mentioned that with how sad i was that my friend was leaving, that I almost wished that I hadn't met him. In the end I knew that was wrong, but the idea gave me a thought I ended up getting lost in thought about. In the end, the conclusion I reached I imprinted into this story to share with you all. I hope you liked the story