Tsukushi x Reader

As the school bell rang, signaling the end of classes for the day, I got up and headed through the halls, planning to head to my part time job at CiRCLE. It didn't seem like anything any different from usual was going on, so there wasn't any need for me to try to squeeze in helping them with whatever before I head there, which is honestly better since no matter how lenient Marina can be, even she has her limits when it comes to me coming in late.

As I passed through the streets on my way there, I saw a group of girls ahead of me. When I realized who they were, I smiled slightly and said "Well hello there."

The girls turned their heads to look at me as I sped up to walk up beside them, after all, I haven't had the chance to walk alongside the amazing band known as Morfonica before.

"Hey Y/n." Nanami said

"So I take it you girls are headed to CiRCLE too?" I asked

"That's correct." Rui said

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Touko nudge Tsukushi slightly, and a small blush formed on her face for a moment before she walked over to me. "Y/n, can I ask you something?" she asked

"Of course you can." I responded

"Well could you please meet me in the practice room Morfonica was using after we finish up?" Tsukushi asked

"Sure I can. Is something up?" I said

Tsukushi gave me that adorable smile of hers then said "I'll tell you when you get there."

"Sounds like a plan." I responded

Eventually we arrived at CiRCLE, and as Marina set them up with a practice room, I clocked in. After clocking in and getting changed, I joined Marina up front, who gave me a smile and said "So Y/n, did you notice the slight spring in Tsukushi's step as she came in?

"I did, she's been in a pretty good mood since I ran into them." I said

"I wonder if it's because she got to walk with you too." Marina said teasingly

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly as I said "I doubt it." Not that I would mind if that was the reason...

"Oh really? How come?" Marina said smirking

"Marina, please." I said "This is me we're talking about. What's so great about me?"

"Well for one, you're always doing whatever you can to help others, and I've seen you make her laugh pretty often." Marina said

"That's nothing special." I said "I'm just doing what I want to."

"If you say so." Marina responded.

After I changed the topic, we talked for a bit longer before I focused on my work. It makes me happy when somebody comes up to me for help, and there are plenty of situations like that at this job.

After I was working for a while, I looked up from what I was doing and noticed that the members of Morfonica with the exception of Tsukushi were by the entrance. Since I was just about done with what I was doing, I headed into the room that they were practicing in, and found Tsukushi blushing slightly, obviously trying to keep her composure.

"Hey Tsukushi, so what's up?" I asked

"Y/n, I want to tell you something." Tsukushi said, taking a deep breath before she continued "I've ended up developing feelings for you, you're funny, sweet, and you always go out of your way to help people with open arms. And so I was hoping you would tell me if you feel the same."

Wait, Tsukushi is interested in me? I mean I really like her too, she's cute, confident, caring, and dependable, so there's no way I wouldn't. But still, there's one thing about me that isn't what she thinks it is, and so I don't know what to say. As my mind started to race, I took a deep breath and said "Tsukushi, I know my answer, but I don't know what to say, and so can you please give me a day to sort out my thoughts and meet me at the park near here at 1:00pm tomorrow?"

Tsukushi nodded and said "Sure I can Y/n. I'll see you then."

Tsukushi left the room, and as I stood in there alone, a wave of concern washed over me. I don't want to lie to her, but if I do, what if I ruin my chances with her? I mean I've been worried that I'll end up like him, and I don't want her to deal with it if I end up the same.

I gave it one more sigh and muttered to myself "Welp, let's see how this works out."

—----------------------------------------

The next day, I arrived at the park at noon, anxious about how this will go, and sat on the side of the fountain as I looked out to see if I can spot her. With my eyes out on the crowd in front of me, I didn't notice Tsukushi come up from behind me until I heard her say "I'm here Y/n."

I turned to face her and said "Before I tell you my answer, there's something I need to tell you."

Tsukushi took a seat beside me and said "I'm listening."

I took a deep breath and said "Well the thing is that I don't help people to help them, I do it because I like to know I'm the person they go to when they need help, be their hero for that split second, you know? I always thought that was fine until a couple months ago. My brother was a firefighter, and like me, always said he loved to be relied on. He was my role model for so long, and I tried to be like him, joining my school's student council like he did when he was there. But a couple of months ago it was discovered that my brother wasn't the hero I always thought he was. He was setting fires so that he could play the hero and come to the rescue for the people. I've only spoken to him once since he was arrested, and I left after he said one thing to me. He said 'You get me, right? You'd do the same'."

"Y/n..."

"And so since then, rather than be happy that I ended up like my brother, I'm afraid. Afraid that someday I'm gonna end up hurting somebody because I want to be their hero in the moment." I said before I took a deep breath "Tsukushi, if finding out what I'm worried I'll someday be like changes whether or not you want to be with me, I'll understand. But if it doesn't, then I have an answer for you."

Tsukushi took a hold of my hand and squeezed it slightly as she said "Y/n, I know you won't end up like you're brother. You're your own person, and unlike him, you understand what he did wrong. I love you Y/n, and I really do want to be with you."

"Tsukushi..." I said before a smile formed on my face. Tsukushi is right, I'm not my brother. And unlike my brother who never had any interest in romance, I've found somebody I love and want to tell that to. I pulled her close and said to her "Tsukushi, I love you too, and if you'll really have me, I want to be with you."

"Of course I will." Tsukushi said, leaning against me

As the two of us leaned against each other, enjoying the company of the other, I wished to myself that this moment could last forever. The blissful moment where the woman I love and I finally know how the other feels. However, as much as I wish that, I eagerly look forward to myriad of wonderful moments I hope to share with her in the future.

---------------------------------------------------

A/n: Today's oneshot was requested by Katzuya-Kun, I'll hope you'll enjoy this my friend. Also, I'm glad I postponed this release until I after I came back from my break, because this was created with some ideas I ended up developing over that time, and as happy as I am with how this turned out, I wouldn't have been able to make this before