Ran x Reader

Ran's Perspective

With lunch beginning, I went with Moca and the others to go have lunch. While for the most part it was uneventful, as I was about to take a sip of my drink, Moca said "You know Ran, it looked like you were looking over at Y/n a lot during class."

As she said that, I felt a warmth spread to my cheeks. Y/n has been in the same class as me the whole time I've been at Haneoka, and at first, he kept trying to interact with me, telling me about how he enjoyed our music and trying to find out my interests. When I did let him in, he slowly started to become somebody I can consider a friend.

"I actually noticed that the other day." Tsugumi said "Hey, why exactly do you do it?"

"It's not intentional, it's just that sometimes my eyes wander and I end up looking at him." I said

"Wait, could you maybe have feelings for him?" Himari asked

As she said the word love, I felt the warmth in my cheeks become hotter and I couldn't look her straight in the eyes out of embarrassment. When I'm with Y/n, I can feel my heart beat faster, and a warmth grows in my chest. "Maybe." I said. These feelings for him are so different from the feelings that I have for anyone else, and while I do think these feelings are love, it's too embarrassing to say that right now.

The others were starting to smile at my response, and Himari came up and hugged me as she said "I'm so happy for you. Are you going to tell him?"

"Huh? Tell who what?"

I then looked and saw that as Himari asked if I was gonna tell Y/n how I feel, he had just opened the door.

Y/n's Perspective

"Oh hey Y/n. It just looks like Ran has feelings for someone and Himari was trying to find out if she was planning to tell him." Tomoe said

The revelation that Ran had feelings for someone caused a knot to grow in my chest, but I tried the best I could to hide it. I love Ran, but if it means her being happy, then I'll try to push down my own feelings and try and help this romance of hers come to fruition.

"I see. I don't really know too much about this kind of thing, but I'll just tell you girls what I was always told by my dad. He always used to say that while it's fine to express yourself in small ways, if you want to make sure you reach someone, you gotta speak through the heart." I said, despite my blatant hypocrisy. I never was the type to believe in love at first sight until I met Ran and it happened to me. I found everything about her so amazing, and I wanted to become someone who was in her world. But when that finally happened, despite how much my feelings have grown, I still haven't said to her how I feel.

"Right, thanks Y/n." Ran said, blushing fiercely, something I couldn't help but find cute.

I spent the rest of the lunch with the girls in Afterglow, trying to avoid prying any further into Ran's feelings and who they're for, and dealing with the feelings of heartache that came with the discovery.

—-----------------------------------------------

One Week Later...

With class coming to an end for the day, I reached inside of my desk to grab my things when I found a folded up note. The last time I even left my desk was for lunch, so it's been here for a decent while. As I looked at it, I didn't see any name or anything on the outside. When I opened it, I saw inside was the message: Please meet me on the roof after class -Ran

After reading the note, I got my stuff in my bag and left it on my desk before heading to the roof. As I reached the door to the roof, I found Ran looking over the railing, out at the area below. Unsure of what Ran needed me for, I walked closer to her, trying to ignore my nervousness.

"So what's up?" I asked

Ran turned back to face me, a slight blush on her face. "Hey Y/n, it's about the conversation last week about the person I have feelings for..."

My mind started to imagine what part of that could do with me. Maybe she wants my help confessing or something. My mind started to wonder what part of it could do with me, only a small sliver hoping that maybe it was because I was the person she had feelings for.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked

"Well I was thinking about the advice you told me from your dad, and after a bit, I've figured out what I want to say." Ran said "Y/n, I love you. Even though at first I didn't let you into my life, you still kept trying until I did. You've always been patient and understanding and supportive towards me, and in the end I've fallen for you."

Ran continued to blush as she told me how she felt, and I felt my heart become filled with joy. I mean in a corner of my heart I held onto the hope that the person that she had feelings for was me, but I just had begun to doubt that possibility. Still, if Ran is gonna take that piece of advice, then what's holding me back when it comes to responding?

I could feel my face turning into a smile as I took a deep breath and said "Ran, I love you too, and I have since I first met you. You're somebody who's so absolutely amazing that I had known from the start that I wanted to be part of your world. I've wanted to tell you for so long, but I've been weak and was afraid of you possibly saying no. But if you'll be okay with somebody like me, will you go out with me?"

Ran walked up to me and began to give me a hug as she said "I'd love to Y/n."

After we parted from our embrace, I took hold of Ran's hands and said to her "I love you." Funny how that's easier to say the second time around.

"I love you too Y/n." Ran said

In the heat of the moment, we then began to share a kiss, which felt so short for something so wonderful. Her lips felt so soft, and being with her like that felt so right.

After our lips parted, I saw that Ran was blushing again. Maybe she just wasn't fully mentally prepared for us to do that yet. "Well that just happened." I said

"Yeah." Ran said

"In any case, that was nice but for now, how about we just watch the sunset?" I said, hoping to break the tension

"Alright." Ran replied, seeming to calm down some already

With our love for each other confirmed for the first time, we stood hand in hand as we looked out to the world around us, the sun beginning to set. I love this girl, and truly want to make her happy now and into the future.

----------------------------------------------------

A/n: My first request has been released! This one was requested by KoutaFuyuhiii. I dunno why, but I don't really write too much where the girl confesses first, and I felt like here it worked pretty good. I actually had a bit in mind for the end where in a third person perspective it's explained that the others in Afterglow had seen them from the stairwell up, but I ended up not liking it as an ending.