puzzled

"It's alright. Ayla, look at me." Mattheo reassured. He cupped her face and turned her to look at him. "It's okay."

"But I'm not. I'm not okay! Everything about this is not okay." She cried.

"I know, love. I know." He said. "Moody was being a prick."

M: right about that!

D: And again. That's not Moody.

M: Dorcas, love. We'll believe it's Barty when we see it.

B: Marlene. Don't be a bitch

Ayla walked into her dad's room with Mattheo following behind.

"What's going on?" Sirius asked.

"Professor Moody. He was tormenting Ayla." Mattheo said as Sirius held his daughter.

"What did he do?" He asked her. Ayla looked at Mattheo for help.

"Did you know your mother used the Cruciatius curse on your daughter?" Mattheo asked.

"She what?!" Sirius shrieked as his parental instincts kicked in. "That bitch." As he stroked a hand down Ayla's hair to her cheek.

"Dad, it doesn't matter." Ayla said.

"Of course, it fucking matters. That woman is never seeing you ever again." He threatened. "I'll fucking make sure of that."

"Dad! He talked about mum and aunt Dorcas. And he mentioned you." She explained. He looked at his daughter confused on why he would do that. "He taught the class about the Unforgivable Curses and told me and Neville to come to the front of the class where he performed the Cruciatus Curse."

"In front of you and Neville? Who the fuck does that?" Sirius exclaimed. "Especially with Neville's past, that's just fucked up. But, how would he know about you?"

"I don't know. He said something about him knowing more about me than I thought." Sirius frowned.

"I'll talk to Minnie about it, pup. Don't you worry."

"Minnie?"

"Professor McGonagall."

"You and your nicknames." Ayla smiled.
~

Ayla sat in the common room with Mattheo skipping the rest of the school day. She sat on the couch reading a book when he walked over and laid his head in her lap.

"So, I've been thinking." He said.

"You've been thinking? That's a surprise." Ayla sassed. He laughed.

"Shut up. I've been thinking about taking you on a second date." Ayla closed her book and looked down to Mattheo smiling.

"There was a first?" Ayla asked with a smirk acting dumb.

"Last year, remember?" He reminded her of their Hogsmeade trip.

"Really? You said it was a distraction." Mattheo sat up and stared at her.

"Yeah, well, I lied."

M: FINALLY ANOTHER DATE!!

D: Oh My Godrick.

J: Marlene it's just a date

M: James shut up. It's not just a date. This is a new phase in Mattheo and Ayla's relationship. Soon they'll be dating, I'm sure of it.