|| OS - Who are you, again? ||

|| Thank you for requesting, AshleyReadsStuffz. ||
|| This involves the reader having dementia, and sooner they die. I don't know how to write this type of stuff, so please forgive me if I mess anything up. ||
|| TW: Dementia, Death, Angst. ||

you awoke in an hospital bed, your vision blurry. you blink, trying to see clearer. your vision clears, and you can see your surroundings very much better now. you see a table next to you bed. on top of it were some flowers in a vase and a card.

you don't remember being here. what were you doing here? did something happen? you take the card from the table, and open it. 

'dear y/n, i hope you're doing better. sorry that i left in a rush. i left you your favorite flowers in a vase, just like how you loved them. once again, i hope you're doing better. from whitty'

who the hell is y/n?

maybe they got the wrong person? who even was whitty? you tried to think if you remembered them, just anything about them but nothing popped up. wait, what was your name? why can't you remember anything?

you blinked in confusion, seemingly to just stare at the card for about 5-10 minutes or so. you put the card back and look at the flowers. what type of flowers were those? whoever this y/n person is, they must really like a whole bunch of flowers.

the vase was mostly full of different colors, red to purple. why were some of them wilting? you looked outside, and it seemed like the outside was like a normal day. but, if it were a normal day why can't you just remember anything?

you hear the door click, your head turning in that direction. you see a bomb that was practically taller than the door frame step into the room. he wore a somewhat pale dark blueish green hoodie, with some baggy beige pants. his eyes were orange and the irises white.

his expression was a smile, "hey, glad to see you're awake. i was really worried." he walked next to you and sat down on the chair the was next to the table. you felt somewhat intimidated?

why was he being so nice to you? you never even met him. did you? if you did, why couldn't you remember meeting him? "i'm sorry..who are you?" you say, scooting away from him slightly.

he was confused, "i'm whitty, hello? your boyfriend..?" you blinked.

you had a boyfriend?

you shook your head, "i don't know you. i don't have a boyfriend.." 'whitty's expression turned into a slightly sad one, "this isn't funny, what kind of joke is this?"

"this isn't a joke i.. i don't know who you are. i'm sorry, but maybe you have the wrong person." your expression was hard to read for him. it was like you were a different person to him. he tried to reach out for your hand, but you placed it away.

he put his arm away, seeming hurt from your action. you noticed and sighed, "maybe we can start over.."

"i'm.." you said, but stopped at the sentence. what was your name? did you have a name? maybe you just forgot. "um, my name is.." you shook your head, trying to remember something, anything.

come on, just remember! why is it so hard for you to do that?

whitty interrupted, "i'm whitty, it's nice to meet you. i guess i'll be your friend from now on, heh.." you could hear the sadness in his tone, but you nodded. you didn't want to think anymore, it hurts your brain to try and remember something you don't even know. 

you nod, "i'm glad to be your friend, whitty. even if i can't remember you." you smile as if it weren't a big deal. but it really was. whitty felt heart broken, his lover not remembering who he is or who they even are. it killed him to know that they couldn't even remember a single thing that they used to do.

but, he will try to get them to remember.

"say.. do you like music?" you asked, your head looking outside and not at him. he nodded, even though you were literally looking in the other direction, "yeah, i like rock the most though." "i can't remember my favorite genre, but i assume it must be nice." you respond, smiling while you saw two birds cuddling on the balcony.

(yeah i made a reference to a different chapter)
(also pack it up rantaro kinnie 🙄🤚)

"it really is, in my opinion of course." he said, looking down at his hands. they were clearly shaking. it was as if he was on the verge of tears but he didn't even know. he chuckled, "i remember your favorite music genre, it was f/m/g." [f/m/g = favorite music genre] you turned to him, blinking in confusion.

you looked down at the white blanket, "huh, it doesn't ring a bell.." 

"oh well. maybe i'll remember it some day, or maybe never." you chuckled. whitty didnt know what to do. why were you laughing? what were you laughing for?

even you didnt know why you were laughing. "it's funny i can't remember anything." "what the hell are you saying?" he said, looking at you in a hurt expression.

"sorry, i don't really know." you said, looking out the window again to avoid his gaze. your stomach rumbled, most likely out of hunger.

at least you knew you were hungry, and that you didnt forget that. whitty brought out f/f and f/d from out of a lunch bag he brought, "these were your favorites. try them."

you nodded, taking the food and drink. you took out your food and tried it out. you really enjoyed it, taking another bite and humming in delight.

you turned to him, "it tastes really good!" he smiled slightly, "yeah, i remember you always enjoying it whenever you ate it."

you took a sip of your drink, enjoying the taste. it brought you joy, even though you tasted it 'for the first time'.

soon enough, whitty left to go back home, and you continued to stare at the window outside. you didnt know why the window caught your gaze so much  but it just did?

whitty continued to visit you every day, trying to bring back your memories every day, whether it be a simple activity or showing you some stuff he enjoyed.

one day, you were just laying down on your hospital bed. you barely remembered what happened. why were you here again?

your vision was blurry, and your breathing slowed. you remembered a little tune. you hummed to it, as your vision faded into the black abyss and your voice faded out.

he walked in, "y/n?"