𝐢𝐯. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 — the librarian

━━━━━━━

 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐔𝐎 that consisted of a former surgeon with shaking hands, and a physicist with an insurmountable amount of power at her fingertips often found themselves sat beneath the very same tree that had shrouded them from the bright sunlight upon Stephen's first morning at the Kamar-Taj.

 A week had passed by rather swiftly and the two found themselves to be within one another's company more often than not; that is of course due to the Ancient One deeming Emilia Stephens temporary teacher and tour guide whilst he got well acquainted with the Kamar-Taj.

 Neither disliked the arrangement. Emilia, though she found Stephens arrogance to be rather irritating at times, knew perfectly well how to deal with him. From staring him down with a gaze that could have shaken The Hulk, to threatening the man with phrases such as 'Well, if you'd like the Ancient One to teach you, go on ahead', each was as effective as the other at getting the man to shut his mouth and actually listen.

 He could be insufferable, but once their petty squabbling ceased, they made for an unlikely, yet prospering pair.

 Stephen found himself rather enjoying his short time at the Kamar-Taj. It was peaceful, far quieter than the bustling city he had grown so accustomed to back home. He missed it, of course he did; he missed his life, his career and the applause that came with it. At the Kamar-Taj he was just a student again.

 Emilia had helped him immensely, though neither chose to outwardly say such a thing; she stayed up late to help him nail a subject, she would test the man on the very basics of the mystical arts, and she was something of a... Friend, he supposed.

 It was nice to have somebody like him, an outsider whose true place wasn't within the Kamar-Taj.

 Nonetheless, both Stephen and Emilia were itching for the more practical lessons; Emilia had dutifully mastered her way with the sling-ring, which was to be the first step within Stephen's journey to becoming a fully-fledged sorcerer. Stephen, however, was simply biting his tongue and gritting his teeth in anticipation; Emilia had spoken of the practical lessons, never quite giving away enough, yet always a sliver of information that he wished to pull on to further fill his mind.

 He was impatient. He was used to being the one in charge, the one others came to for teaching and advice; here he was nothing more than an underperforming student.

 When the time came that the basic books of sorcery had been read from front to back, Emilia had helped the newest mystic arts student to gather them up and return them to Wong; the Kamar-Taj's highly protective librarian, and keeper of all ancient books.