𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐢𝐢. 𝘧𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - fond memories

━━━━━━━

 "𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍, Doctor —"

 "Peter, how many times? Call me Emilia, please." Emilia replied rather flippantly, her eyes peering over her shoulder.

 Peter's visit had been a surprise; the day had begun just as it always had, with Stephen padding across their bedroom floor to fetch some tea from the kitchen, only to return dressed in his robes and ready to travel God knows where.

 For the little... disturbances, Emilia and Stephen had a deal; they'd take turns. Today just so happened to be Emilia's turn to slink around the Sanctum with books in hand and slippers covering her toes while Stephen answered the call depicting that a threat had invaded.

 They scarcely received visitors at the Sanctum, so to hear a rather light rhythm tapping against the polished wooden door had been quite the surprise. Emilia had trailed down the grand staircase, fingers trailing over the oak railing while she tucked her other hand into the pocket of her beige trousers.

 When the door was hauled open, there stood Peter Parker looking as young as ever. The familiar and fond memory of his smile seemed to have grown old, for the tick of his lips was struggling to keep upright. He'd stood there with a wobbly smile, his hand dating to the air to wave as a greeting, and yet it was scarcely filled with his familiar burst of energy.

 It was no surprise, after all... from his own home to the Sanctum, so many walls were smothered with paint depicting Tony's likeness. From gold and red glimmering against brick walls to the mischievous glint of his old brown eyes smothered upon the side of a store... these days even Emilia seemed to portal everywhere just to avoid his eyes.

 Peter had twisted his hands, fiddling with his twitching fingers before he peered around her. Soon enough, she invited him in.

 The kitchen, as ever, was delightfully warm. Lemon and honey still tangled within the air, a sweet waft greeting them both while Peter took a seat at the kitchen counter.

 "So... what can I help you with, Pete?" Emilia muttered, a metal spoon dipping into a pot of sugar.

 "I was just wondering — oh, three please," he swiftly interrupted himself as Emilia held up the glass of granules, "— If you... well..."

 "You want to hear about Tony?"

 Peter's head bobbed, almost sheepishly. It seemed like he struggled to admit such a thing, as though he should have just been on his merry way... as though he wanted to apologise for even bringing up the man that had changed both their lives for the better.