𝐱𝐢. 𝘤𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘦𝘳

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 — christine palmer

━━━━━━━

 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 Emilia could feel when she came to; her stomach felt as though Mordo had landed a triad of punches, her leg was caught under some rubble, and her chin had split the moment it collided with the ground.

 Dust was in her lungs, clogging her throat as she tried her best to breathe, there were small pieces of debris resting within her eyelashes, some falling into her eyes as she finally blinked and tried to register her surroundings.

 Everything ached, and yet Emilia did her best to push herself up. Her wrists shook beneath her weight, and her leg was easily freed from the pieces of rubble, thankfully, without damage. She stood up on shaking legs, her robe flowing around her, now torn along the left edge and tiny splatters of blood stained the chest.

 Her hand reached up, lightly grazing her chin before it dropped back to her side as she winced in pain. A tight, hoarse cough forced a multitude of dust from her lungs and Emilia scanned the area; Wong was climbing to his feet as Mordo fought off the invaders that remained within the Kamar-Taj.

 Then she remembered Stephen. The blast had thrown him through the door that led to the New York Sanctum and there was no doubt in her mind that Kaecilius' disciples, or even the man himself, had followed Stephen through.

 "Wong, Mordo?" Emilia called, her voice far lower than usual as she squinted through the cloud of dust that surrounded them. Upon seeing their eyes fall in her direction she looked to her scratched and dented sling ring, "I'm going after Stephen."

 Mordo moved to follow, stopping upon seeing Emilia shake her head, "No, stay here, protect the Kamar-Taj, see to the London sanctum... Join me after, I'm sure Stephen and I will be fine."

 "Summon a portal if you need me, us." Wong spoke, genuine care lacing his tone as he watched Emilia sigh and quickly tied her hair into a mess of a bun at the base of her neck, "Okay?"

 "I will. Be careful."

 And with that, Emilia rose her hands to summon a portal to the sanctum; amber sparks filled her vision, twirling around one another as they formed a circle, the artefacts that lined the walls of the ancient building coming into view. She directed a final nod to both Mordo and Wong, a silent warning that the two better be alright when she returned.

 The sight to which Emilia was greeted with upon her arrival in the New York sanctum was both horrific and somewhat amusing.

 Her amusement stemmed from the image of a rather sentient piece of scarlet material wrapped around one of Kaecilius' disciples, slamming him into the wall and the ground whenever it could.