𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 — earth is closed today

━━━━━━━

 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐖𝐀𝐒 the one to wrench the door open. He tossed a hesitant stare over his shoulder, meeting Emilia's eyes as the woman followed swiftly behind him. It was her own movements that appeared to spur the others to advance.

 Stephen immediately picked up his feet, cloak billowing behind him as he hastened forth, Wong hot on his tail... Bruce, however, hesitated for a beat. His body trembled as anxiety crawled over his skin like a swarm of incessant bugs. The mere thought of seeing Thanos again had him frozen on the spot. But he knew he had to move; he'd watched the Asgardians get slaughtered, he couldn't watch it again.

 When the door was pulled open, its hinges creaking, the sound of screaming overtook Emilia's senses. Car horns split the air, the clanging of metal and brick flying through the sky and colliding with buildings rattled their skulls.

 The pavement was littered with trash that had been blown astray. Dust and debris coated the roads and obscured car windows. People were sprinting wildly, raw and guttural screams splitting the skin of their throats; it reminded Emilia of the very scene that had played out in Hong Kong. It seemed like a lifetime ago now.

 The second Emilia strolled away from the safety of the sanctum, her eyes squinted. Dust was curling in the air, creating a haze before them; despite the thudding of the heart inside her chest growing faster with every passing second, Emilia swallowed back the fear that glistened in her eyes and stepped further. She overtook Tony as she kept her eyes peeled for people that might have needed her help.

 Emilia took cautious steps as she followed the path, as she followed the feeling in her gut. She glanced back, catching Stephen's eyes as he trailed behind Tony with his hands more than ready to conjure a weapon or shield if needed. His head teetered in a determined nod, filling her with a dose of courage.

 Stephen and Wong had been unrelenting in their belief in her; if not for them, she was certain she'd have fallen into the very pit she had been pulled from by the Ancient One, those few years ago.

 People continued to push past them, shoulders bumping, hands smacking at the air, and just as a woman passed by Emilia in her rush to escape whatever had invaded her home, she stumbled and fell.

 Tony instantly surged forward, dropping to a crouch as he helped the woman stand, "You okay?" He questioned her, almost blinded by the sheer terror in her eyes. She said nothing, a mere murmur of a thank you as she continued forwards, pushing by Stephen, Wong and Bruce.

 As Emilia turned her head away from Tony and the swiftly disappearing woman, her hands shot out. A car had been speeding across the road, and in an attempt to avoid the scurrying crowd of terrified people, the driver had swerved and was heading straight for a lamppost that lined the edge of the pavement.