𝐱𝐥𝐯. 𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘭𝘦

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 — avengers, assemble

━━━━━━━

 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐔𝐙𝐙𝐘. Everything was blurry and sounded as though it was submerged within deep waters, shocking her body with the ice seeping within. Emilia was sure she was drowning. Her hands were damp, she could feel it. Hair clung to her neck... cold droplets steadily rising up her sides, higher and higher like frozen fingers simply craving to bury her.

 She was certain she could hear people yelling her name. Was it Bruce? Could it have been Rhodey? 

 It took every ounce of willpower to open her eyes, to strain her body into finally cooperating. It felt like she'd been buried beneath the earth, forced to crawl from the depths of a pitiful grave. But that wasn't quite the case.

 Emilia slowly breathed through the haze swirling within her own mind. The call from Scott Lang, the feeling that had electrified her skin... and then, the explosion. Something had arrived. Something had come to put a stop to their plan of revival. They'd come moments too late, mere beats and seconds after life had been restored... but that only meant they now had a fight on their hands — a battle to ensure that their revived loved ones stayed right where they belonged.

 Emilia didn't want to think it, she truly didn't... but who else would it have been but Thanos himself? He was dead. He was dead. But there was no other cockroach that would have crawled out from beneath a boot quite like he would. There as something insatiable about the beast — he was like any other man, taking until he was satisfied.

 His dreams and plans had been thwarted, the cluster of lives he'd stolen away had been brought back... and like karma, like a plague... he must have returned with them. A warning, an omen, Emilia didn't care, all she knew was that he'd die. Somehow, some way, he would perish today.

 Perhaps it was a silly conclusion to come to, perhaps the ache at the very back of her skull only perpetuated utter nonsense... but somehow, Emilia knew her internal mutterings to be true. She knew... she knew that he'd be waiting.

 Unfortunately for them all, Emilia Clemente was seldom wrong.

 Cold and numb fingers grappled for something to cling to. They slipped against rock, a small and shallow cut dragging over her fingertip but Emilia cracked her eyes open, and soon enough, the fog within her vision cleared like an autumnal afternoon banished of it's haze.

 Water was flooding in from everywhere. Debris cocooned them like miserable little bugs ready to settle in for the winter. Bruce was there, doing his utmost to keep Rhodey from being crushed by rocks... all with just one arm.