Chapter 25

The summer before 6th year
(No book placement)

(Picture above in case you don't understand later on)

⚠️Curse Warning?⚠️ 

“Did I say something?” Mrs.Weasley asked, concerned at all of our reactions and she fixed the bowl I dropped. “Repairo.”

George was gagging on his sandwich from surprise and Fred was hitting his back in hopes he would stop choking. George let out a muffled cough but recovered quickly.

Boyfriend?!” He stuttered out and Fred was clearly trying not to laugh.

Mrs.Weasley hummed again. “Yes, the one who visited us for Christmas last year. Wasn’t his name Lee?”

I turned away, chortling with laughter and Fred had to do the same. George's face went completely red and matched the vibrancy of his hair. Charlie walked in carrying his mug of tea and snorted looking at George's extremely red face.

“Mum figured it out then, huh?” He chuckled, taking a sip from his mug.

“Charlie!”

Fred, Charlie, and I boom into laughter at George, who was thoroughly embarrassed by his older brother. 

Mrs.Weasley tutted and rolled her eyes. “Honestly, George, do you really think I would be so daft to not know?”

I was wheezing so hard that no sound was coming out, causing everyone else to laugh along. I grabbed Freds shoulder for support and he snorted in response.

“She’s right Georgie, you really are obvious.” I said after my laughing fit, still giggling slightly along with two of the other boys.

George's face went an even deeper shade of red- if that was even possible- and got up from the table. No doubt wanting to escape the onslaught of teasing and exited the room, while mumbling under his breath. It sounded like ‘Go get Errol’ and ‘tell Lee’.

Mrs.Weasley and I finished doing the dishes, the sun starting to set. Fred and I made some hot chocolate, while he told me all about Weasley Wizard Wheezes. George entered later, grabbing his own hot chocolate and joining the conversation, his cheeks still lightly dusted with pink. They began to rant excitedly under their breath, occasionally saying the same phrases and making sure no one was listening in.

I had always known Fred and George to be extremely intelligent, but only wanting to put the work in where they wanted. They clearly knew what they were doing. Casting spell to make them work on another object for a lasting amount of time was advanced.

George held out a single piece of hard candy in front of me. “Ton-Tongue Toffee.”

I picked it up gingerly, unsure of what to think about it and started inspecting the small sugary treat. “What does it do?”

“It’s a tongue engorgement charm.” Fred says proudly, checking once more to make sure no one was listening. “The only thing we haven’t done successfully is slowing down the inflation process to make sure no one will choke. We want pranks- not danger or casualties.”

I blinked up at the two gingers in surprise, awe, and pride. I was actually impressed- well technically the two always impressed me, but I was practically beaming with pride.

“Tell me what you need.” I offered with a smile and they both shared a grin.

***

Dear Georgie 
(Probably Cassie and Fred too)