8: Activating the Pillars

previously from the 6th chapter, central tolbana plaza...

For a hot second, Rozari forgot that he was there. She ended up having a mini heart attack, before realizing. "sorry, sorry" she spoke holding her chest, breathing heavily. "what were you saying?" turning her attention to Diabel again.

"I said, you two do look similar almost like twins?" he repeated.

"Yeah I- I- I guess we do look similar?" she said looking away from Diabel for a hot second, before returning her gaze again. Reiko, remember to keep your real-world identity a secret... from the players...

"can we at least get over the tasks, you need to do?" responded Rozari, briefly changing the subject.

"since you are alone, I'm going to tag along by your side, Rozari? show you how to activate the pillars where players can teleport to the dungeon of each floor?" responded Diabel.

Rozari nodded. "definitely" 

Diabel beckoned for Rozari to follow him, to the center of the town. There have been several routes to the center of Tolbana Town. She followed Diabel earnestly, without a step out of place or going the wrong route to get to the center to activate the first pillar.

"Arigatou, Diabel, for helping me? I would end up going in circles or getting lost" responded Rozari

"I'm fine with helping you, though Rozari" responded Diabel, as he looked behind him to meet Rozari's sight range, before returning up ahead. "just a few miles up ahead"

Rozari nodded and quicken her pace, to match Diabel's stride. 

Once the two of them reached the middle of Tolbana Town. Rozari looked at the platform and closed pillar, that was beside it.

"so how do I activate it?" she asked

"well watch what I do" he spoke going over to the teleport pillar and scanned the base of the giant pillar, before opening a hidden section. 

Rozari watched Diabel as she stood aside before he lifted up a hidden area, where a screen is set along with more than one crystal is placed inside. 

"I see now. Rozari?" as he removed two of the mini crystals. "please stand in front of this screen." 

Rozari looked confused, but did as she was told, Diabel stepped aside. "why?" she asked looking before her. 

Diabel gave her, one of the crystals. Rozari looked at Diabel, confused as to why he would give her this. She had to admit it is pretty, it's a sparkly blue crystal with a silver backing. Diabel explained how to open the giant pillar.

"so you want me to pair this with my menu?" asked Rozari, holding the crystal in one hand.

"Yes," he said 

Rozari opened up her menu, with one swipe of her free hand, she noticed a frame in the right-hand corner, of the menu; Rozari selected the option, and opened it up; she looked ahead seeing a blue light from the pillar's screen, it was seen to bring said crystal over to her menu. Rozari looked over to Diavel, and he nodded for her to follow the instructions.

Rozari brought the crystal over her menu screen and dropped it in. almost like a drag and drop situation on a computer. Suddenly the Pillar activated and the sides opened up showing a gorgeous blue light, inside. On top, the metal plating went inwards going over another smaller crystal. 

"Well, thank you Rozari," spoke Diabel as he went up to it closing the section that he opened, but as Rozari closed her menu and could head off again, Diavel spoke once more.

 "We still need to do one more, that's located in the Rival Plains, which is the entrance to the dungeon of Floor 1."

"Alright?" she spoke with a genuine voice toward Diavel.

"We just need to head to the Rival Plain exit" he responded directly as started to walk. 

Rozari followed Diabel, all the way to where the Rival Plain exit is located. Rozari made sure she has her hands at the ready, to protect her new friend, once they crossed the threshold that teleported them to the rival plains.

***

Meanwhile, Arisa got teleported into the rival plains, from exiting the Origin Plains. She looked behind her noticing those small pecks of orbs, floating in a line. She was in a bad mood, so once one of those creatures in the plains, came over to her she quickly removed her Steel longsword, from the sheath attached to her waist, and slashed right through it hard, sending it into pixels.

"that will make you think twice to ever go over to me?!" she yelled.

Arisa breathed slowly and she hardened her gaze, she suddenly turned around feeling another presence, holding her sword she slashed right into that one and the next one after that, each of them, descended into pixels before leaping out of the way as well as over them. "I told you, I am not in the mood"

I can't believe my father, first, he forced me to log in to this VRMMORPG and then he gave me orders to keep an eye on my friend... Rozari... only to report back to him on their progress, Arisa suddenly let out a loud frustrating scream, slashing down creature after creature, in a fit of pure rage. "He can't do this!!" 

Suddenly she spotted Rozari, right next to her was a blue-haired male, with dark green eyes, he was wearing brown armour over a blue outfit. He carried a silver-framed crystal in one hand as they walked down the path, from a large archway protected by those same orbs, that she crossed from the Origin Plains. 

..that must be one of the many entrances into Tolbana Town... Arisa did miss, Rozari's purple hair, from the avatar she had before the entire ordeal. 

Rozari stopped noticing Arisa in the distance, she also called over to the male, to wait and he stopped to turn, curious as to why she stopped. "Arisa?!" she called "Hey, looks like we meet again" she called to her friend.

"Rozari, yeah it looks like it" Arisa spoke directly placing the steel sword back into its sheath at her waist.

"Rozari, let's keep moving, it's not far off" responded Diabel looking over to Rozari, as she was talking to Arisa. 

"Right? can my friend or Partner Arisa join us?" Rozari asked walking over to Diabel, beckoning Arisa to follow her, with her hand.

"of course, Rozari" he spoke before he introduces himself to Arisa very quickly before the three of them walked off to where the teleportation pillar, that goes straight to the dungeon of the Floor they are on. 

Diabel, I may need to keep an eye on him as well... he may seem the type to reach the final floor... Arisa thought looking at the man ahead of her and Rozari, before jotting her sight toward her friend as a question popped into her mind. 

"Rozari, Diabel is sure hot don't you think?" spoke Arisa quietly, without letting Diavel overhear her, elbowing her partner with a smirk plastered upon her face.

Rozari felt Arisa elbow her, her head flicked over to Arisa, a deep pink blush formed across her face. "Arisa, where did that come from?" shocked at why Arisa would think of that. 

"oh come on, look at him, you have to admit that he's hot" she smirked looking forward again, walking faster. 

Blush formed across her face and she began to feel hot, or that's what her subconscious mind was thinking. "I- hey wait a second? Arisa?" she yelled softly quickening her pace. "I only think of Diabel as a friend, plus-" 

Arisa smirked at Rozari, as her partner caught up with her, she turned her head to her as she noticed that the three of them, reached the closed Teleport Pillar. 

"sure, just admit already" she whispered to Rozari, elbowing her playfully, winking at her.

"I-" Rozari looked away, from her partner, "you didn't even let me finish..." she whispered and... he already has someone else, in mind... Kiyoko will surely kill me... if she finds me, in love with Diabel... getting interrupted by Diabel as he turned to the two of them, holding the square crystal in his left hand. 

"since the pillar in the tolbana town center has already been activated, this will be a snap, so I will place this in the section..." he spoke before he turned around and scanned for the side where he is able to open up the small port, where he managed to place in the crystal in its place, he quickly closed it and the teleport pillar opened up, beginning to spin around as the crystal inside sparkled and glowed.

"now, I think we are now done, thanks for the help Rozari," said Diabel looking back at her, with a big smile.  

"no problem Diabel, I'm glad to help you" she responded with a sincere grin. "I think it's time for me to at least meet Kirito, at the Plaza's hotel, as he needs to talk to me about something."

Arisa grinned sinisterly as she slipped behind Rozari's back. 

"and I need to work out my speech for the meeting, it will be held at the amphitheatre" he spoke moving closer to Rozari to rest his hand on her shoulder, but before he could finish his statement. 

"Oops" Arisa instantly pushed Rozari onto Diabel, making it look like an accident, a big fat grin plastered on her face.

"Arisa?!!" was the last of the words that escaped her mouth, as she fell straight onto Diabel's chested armour. Diabel however, landed flat on his back thankfully his armour saved his back from breaking a bone, despite that outcome was practically impossible.

Her right hand was the only one that went flat on the grass. Her face was so close to Diabel's face, Diabel was shocked and Rozari can't blame him, she also feels it as well as anger toward her partner.