Chapter fifteen - Truth unravels

Holly

I had managed to get my mothers approval after many discussions to go to the Malfoy manor. Only for a weekend, she would be the one picking me up and dropping me off. No magic mumbo jumbo. She would have to talk to Draco's parents and we would not be sleeping in the same bed. I understood all of her demands, but I hated them because it would mean that I would be a burden to the Malfoy's, more than I would already be. I had just finished packing when my mothers head popped up behind my door.

"You're sure you don't need any help?"
"Again, no," I rolled my eyes over her hovering.

"Sorry.. It's just- I just got you back you know?" she looked at me cohesively.

"It's only two days, and it's really not far from here either."

"You're right, how did you grow up so fast?" she smiled at me.

"I have no idea," I returned her smile and closed my backpack.

We made our way out of the apartment and into my mothers old car. It really is a miracle it's still working. We got in and she let me choose what cd we would listen to. I chose this indie band "temple of the dog" and we sat in comfortable silence listening to their album the entire ride to the Malfoy manor.

Dracos description of the manor was very accurate. We drove on this small forest path until we came to a clearing and we saw the manor tower up before us. It was huge, surrounded by big but well trimmed hedges and a gate. I saw a woman standing just outside the gate as we pulled up. I assumed it was Draco's mother, Narcissca. A stunning woman with porcelain skin and piercing eyes, just like Draco. She was well dressed in a wool coat and heels. Her emerald necklace glowed in the declining sunlight. I got out of the car and my mother did the same.

Narcissa made her way over to my mother and reached out a hand. I watched Draco's mother scan her up and down before shaking her hand.

"How lovely to meet you Miss Lancaster." Narcissa smiled, revealing her pearly white teeth.

"Likewise Mrs Malfoy," my mother smiled. Draco must have told them about my mom being a widower. I shifted uncomfortably on the thought of what they must think of me and my family.

"I hope it's okay with you that our kids sleep in separate rooms," my mother continued and I felt my cheeks heat.

"Certainly, we have made the guest room for Holly to stay in, I hope that's okay?"

"Oh wow, how kind. It'll be perfect. I'll come pick her up sunday around 2pm?"

"That sounds terrific," Narcissa smiled as my mother got back into the car, I waved her goodbye before following Narcissa into the manor.

"I must say it's great to have you here, Draco hardly ever brings friends home," she looked back at me and smiled.

"I'm so happy to be here, I offered that Draco could come visit me but we live in such a small apartment.." Narcissa cut me off.

"Oh nonsense dear, we have an entire manor to your disposal. Please feel free to visit anytime." I got why people spoke so warmly about Draco's mother. She was lovely.

"I must ask, if you do not mind, are you a muggle born?" I could hear the worry in her voice. This probably had something to do with Draco's judgemental father.

"I'm not actually, my mother comes from a long line of Lancaster wizards, and so does my father. You maybe have heard of the Black family?" I asked and she nodded.

"Certainly. I was born into it," I heard the amusement in her tone. I stopped in chock. She was, what?

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know.."
"No worries dear, we'll talk all about it inside," she waved her hand and the large double doors swung open. I walked into the hallway, and it was marvelous. Beautiful wallpapers were combined with lacquered wood along the walls.The roof was very elevated which created a dimensional space. Expensive paintings were strategically placed out, a grand dresser was placed under this one painting that caught my eye. A meadow and a girl in a white dress could be seen.