Chapter twenty four - How to mend a heart

Viewer discretion is HIGHLY VEY MUCH ADVISED

Holly

I barely made it through the doors to the commons before I broke down. The ache in my chest made me wanna scream. I thanked heaven that I was alone, I stappled up the stairs to my dormitory and just closed the door behind me before I slid down the door and my body broke down. My entire body shaking from my sobs, tears blurring my vision and streaming down my face, soaking my tank top. I just let my body cave in from the hurt, how could he? The only thing he could hurt me with, and he used it. That was how little he thought of you. His destroyed little toy he played with when he didn't have anything better to do. This might be worse than just being left by him. But only maybe.

I felt someone knock gently on the door so I quickly used the sleeve on my jacket I had borrowed from Daphne to wipe my eyes before I dragged myself up and tried to keep myself from crying. It must be Daphne, and as hurt as I was I didn't want her to hate Malfoy more than she already did so I tried to play it off before I opened the door. But the person behind it wasn't Daphne.

"Draco.." I stuttered.

Draco

I couldn't let Daphne isolate Holly from me before I got a chance to explain myself. My drunk brain calmed my anger and somewhat made me sure of what to do. I quickly took off and tried to catch up to Daphne.

"Daph! Please wait," I shouted after and she stopped dead in her tracks.

"You fatheaded, spoiled excuse of a man!" She spat in my face and slapped me right in the face.

"Calm the fuck down! I told her," I declared and her anger turned into a frown.

"Told her what?"

"That I- I love her.." I choked out.

"You WHAT?" she screamed, her cheeks heating in anger.

"You do not treat people you love like that. You think you love her? You're just enjoying playing with her daddy issues and inability to leave, even though she should." Her eyes darkened and I realised that I wasn't dealing with any ordinary sister.

"Well if you even bothered to fucking talk to me you'd know i'm just as broken as her," I hissed and she got taken back.

"She never told me.." she spoke, her voice significantly softer.

"I told her not to, and you and I both know how loyal she is. But there you go, I love her goddamn it. So please let me go and try to right my wrong," I spoke, feeling my impatience get the best of me. Daphne didn't answer, she just took a step to the side, letting me go past her. I looked at her meaningly before I took off to the Slytherin common room.

I yelled out the password and crawled inside, trying to keep my balance. Thankfully the commons were empty so I could avoid getting caught going up the stairs to the girls dorms. I quickly took a right to find Daphne and Holly's room. It was the smallest of all of the common rooms but Dumbledore had ruled that Holly and Daphne should be kept alone in privacy due to the recent events that summer. I slowly approached the door, hearing stifled sobs through the door and I felt a stab in my heart. Holly. I carefully knocked on the door, hoping not to shock her. I lowered my hand and quietly listened for any sounds. The sobs were now gone and nothing could be heard through the door. I took a deep breath, trying to get the room to stop spinning. But then I saw the handle slowly twist and the door cracking open.

The sight of her made me straight sober. Her glossed eyes, tear-stained cheek flushing in bright pink and her plum lips slightly parted in shock.

"Love, I- I didn't mean any of it.. I was a complete ass and way out of line. I'm drunk Holls, please forgive me," I pleaded as I just stared into her green eyes, the color being more vivid from the tears glossing her eyes. I saw her features soften and I relaxed a little bit.