Chapter twenty eight - The attack, the army and the lies

Holly

We were all sitting around in the gryffindor common room, ravenclaws, gryffindors and slytherins. Well one slytherin, me. Hermione was seated right next to Ron, hugging him from the side, Harry was right behind Ron, his palm placed on his shoulder to show him support. Ginny was crying beside Ron on the big leather couch, muffled sniffles could be heard from Luna who was sitting on the floor beneath the couch, her hand gently wrapped around a purple crystal and me, seated on the couch opposite of Rons. I didn't know what to do or how to act. Ron and Ginnys dad had been brutally attacked, by what I understood being he who must not be named, or his snake. It was all very unclear and confusing. Especially considering that all of this was discovered by Harry who had a dream about the whole thing. So if it hadn't been for him, Mr Weasley would surely be dead. But now instead he was fighting for his life at St Mungos due to his wounds refusing to heal. The Weasleys would head home as soon as their father was stable enough to go home. Because we all believed he would make it, he had to.

"I can't go home," Ron bursted up from the couch and looked frantically around the room, he turned around to Hermione and she looked worried at him.

"Ronald, please sit down.." she tried but Ron was scratching his hair and shaking his head.

"The army.. I can't leave the army.." Ron started to pace around the room.

"I-If you mean the math club, it'll be fine without you Ronald," Hermione kept trying to calm him down but her words didn't seem to bite.

"Why's the math club so important?" I asked Hermione who nervously fiddled with her fingers. She didn't look up at me. Neville, who was sitting beside me, cleared his throat. The air thickened from the awkward silence after my question and everyone seemed to be on edge.

"Excuse me? What's going on?" I spoke up louder this time, as if that would help them hear me.

"Just tell her or I will!" Harry hissed annoyed.

"Fine.. Well, uhm- we've been practicing magic together. Since all our lessons are complete bollux since that pink pest entered our school and the ministry keeps us under control, we all felt the need to take matters into our own hands." Hermione spoke up and I looked with wide eyes at her. She said what?

"You have been doing all this? And keeping me in the dark?" I spoke, trying not to sound as hurt as I was.

"Forgive me Holly, but you've been absent." Hermione said with aftertaste.

"Is this that Math Club you've been talking about?" I yelled and felt the pieces starting to come together.

"Yes, and you can't really expect us to just trust you since you're with him now, can you?" Harry spoke up and I watched his eyes darken in anger. Just like Draco's used to do.

"Draco? How can you guys ever think I'd rat you out to him? I really thought you knew me better than that.." I felt my eyes burn from tears threatening to fall but I stubbornly blinked them away. I know they don't trust Draco, but I thought they at least trusted me. Or did they think my judgement was clouded from spending all this time with him, or for forgiving him after all his mistakes? Nontherless I thought they'd be better people, and not lie right to my face and say they had entered some stupid math club? But at the same time I hated to admit that I understood them, and why they didn't trust me. His father was a rumored death eater, Draco was head prefect for Slytherin and in Dolores special little team, and I had been spending an awful lot of time with him and not them.

"Fine. I get why you kept it from me. But I hate it. Please you guys, I'm on your side and I want in. I wanna help in any way possible." I was shaking at the last words, feeling guilt for them feeling like they had to keep this from me.

"We're sorry too, Holls.. It's just been a lot. For all of us." Ron headed back to the couch and sent me a heartfelt look.

"Meet us after school this afternoon at the left corridor on the seventh floor, okay?" Hermione spoke and I nodded as a response.

"Nothing can get back to Malfoy, are we clear?" Harry glared at me. I swallowed but nodded.

After that we all got up and headed back to classes. Ron and Ginny had been excused, they were packing their bags to be able to go home tonight since they seemed to finally have been able to extract a potion that healed Mr Weasley's wounds. I went to Dark Arts class with the hideous pink lout that now was teaching classes. I was almost late, everyone was already seated. I hurried to the back of the class and sat down next to Daphne who had already sprawled her books and pens all over the desk.

"Tryhard," I whispered to her.

"Do you wanna have a fucking pen that burns in the text onto your hand?" She glared at me.

"Good point," I whispered and fished up my book. It was an old and ancient book who seemed to be written for twelve year olds. It was so censored and pg that reading it was a complete snooze-fest. I felt someone staring at me so I looked around the classroom and found a pair of grey eyes meeting mine. Burning right through me and causing my heart to ache. I was so deep in the shit for this boy. He furrowed his brows at me, probably wondering where I've been. We hadn't spoken since yesterday and he was probably mad. I tried to smile at him, and his features softened a little but his brows were still furrowed when he turned his attention back to Dolores. Dolores the dreadful douche. Umbridge the unwanted udemy.

The class dragged on per usual and when we finally were excused I was awoken by Daphne since it seemed that I had fallen asleep because the class was so damn boring. Her monotone and squeaky voice did not help. I shoved my book in my bag and threw it over my shoulder, heading for the exit behind Daphne. As I walked behind Daphne in the hallway I felt a cold hand wrap around my wrist. I spun around. Draco. He towered over me with his intense gaze staring right through me. Daphne noticed that I had stopped and looked back at me. I waved at her to continue, she didn't look too happy but left us alone. The last few students passed us by before the hallway was completely empty. He had taken me aside, my back was facing the wall and his body was blocking me from going anywhere. I felt his eyes burning my skin but I couldn't manage to meet them.

"Avoiding me, huh?" Draco spoke in a hushed tone. His tall body was towering over me, leaning on his hand placed strategicly beside my head and keeping me inbetween his legs. 

"No Draco, I'm not." I sternly stated.

"Then why haven't I seen you since I ate your pus-" My eyes widened and I quickly covered his mouth with my hand.

"You can't scream that out outside Umbridge's classroom?!" I squealed panicked. As I removed my palm he let out a muffled laugh.

"Doesn't make it any less true," he smirked at me. My cheeks were now burning and I could definitely meet his eyes. He placed his index under my chin and lifted it, forcing me to look at him. I felt my heart race as I met his intense icy eyes. His pupils dilated as our eyes met. He let out a sigh and stroke my hair behind my ear.m

"You're so damn beautiful Holly," he whispered as he leaned in to place a kiss on my neck.

I shivered at the touch of his lips and snuck my hand in his hair.

"I love you Draco," I whispered before crashing my lips into his.