Zone 1, Act 3

After a long 52 minutes of watching the clock, the bell had finally rang, allowing my slowly dying mind to finally do something. Sadly, this was only the first period that was over. I take out and unfold my schedule from my pocket and look at where I have to go next. 

I sadly had reading, which is really not my strong suit. I can read but whenever it comes to school, I cannot read if my life depended on it. I sat next to Tails again since he is basically the only person in this school I know. He didn't seem to mind my presence, which was nice. 

After ELA came my  language class, which I decided to take Spanish. I had a choice between it and French, so I thought that Spanish was an easier option. This was one of three of my classes that Tails isn't in, since he was taking French. 

After that is my lunch, which seemed to be quite early, being at 10, around three hours after school started. "Hey Tails?" I asked the kit when i had noticed him in the hall. "Yeah Sonic?" he said nicely. 

"Can I sit with you in lunch?" I asked. Usually, I would've just sat with him, but I really didn't want to be rude on my first day. "Sure Sonic, let's go." he grabs my hand and pulls me into two double doors, which leads into the lunchroom. We walk up to a table with a lot of people after we grab a lunch from the lunch line. 

There is a red echidna, a white bat, a silver hedgehog, and a purple cat sitting at the table as me and Tails sit down. "Yo Tails, who is this?" The echidna asked Tails, who smiled. "Guys, this is Sonic, he's new..." he introduced me to his friends.    

"Sonic, this is Knuckles, Rouge, Blaze, and Silver." I had waved to all of them, hopefully not being awkward. "So Sonic, where are you from?" the echid-Knuchles asked. 

"Mobotropolis. I had just moved here during the summer." 

"But why would you move around here? I'm pretty sure that literally anywhere else is better than here. H*ll, I came from Angel Island, and even that's better than here." Knuckles questioned. I could understand his motive to. Not many people move from the biggest city on the planet to a small town on an island. 

"I wanted to get away from my past life and do something new, meet new people. And maybe, make some friends." I had stated. "Well, any friend of Tails is a friend of ours. I do have to warn you though, there are still some people that you should watch out for." Knuckles stated, pointing at a small group of people on the other side of the large room. 

"Why though?" I had questioned. 

"They are more the troublemakers of the school. The main one being Mephiles." he points to a black hedgehog with blue accents running along his quills. I had noticed another hedgehog right next to him. The only considerable difference between the two being that the other had red strips instead of blue. 

He seemed to keep more to himself as everyone around him was talking to Mephiles.  Every once and a while, he would shoot a glance in my direction, like he was trying to speak to me...

"Uh Sonic, you good buddy?" Tails broke me out of my thoughts as I turned to face the group. 

"Sorry, I'm fine."

The rest of the day went by smoothly. The next class was math. It was somewhat easy for me, but I struggled somewhat in the multiplying polynomials bit, but Tails was a wiz at it. It somewhat shocked me how good he was at math, and his calculations were never that far off, even without a calculator. 

The class after that was chemistry. For some reason I have always wanted to have the opportunity to learn and explore chemical reactions. But my mom would never let me do anything since she didn't want me to ruin my 'perfect image.'

My next period was study hall. Tails had told me that on the other days, I would have gym, which I am quite looking forward to. I spent the time chatting with Tails as well as texting Scourge about how my day was going. He surprisingly texted back, which was nice for a change. 

My last class of the day I chose was culinary. Unlike what most people had thought, many guys go to this class as well as girls. I chose this class because I wanted to learn how to cook something else besides a chili dog. Also, I just really didn't Want to take art. 

"Alright class, please separate into partners of two and find a stove to work on." Mrs. Bakers, the teacher had told us. After everyone was in a group, I stood there not knowing who to go with, seeing as everyone has a partner. Eventually the teacher noticed and walked up to me. 

"Hey, hmm... why don't you go work over there with Shadow?" She told me as she pointed at a stove set. I nodded as then walked over to the area, not knowing who I was working with. When I had turned a corner to enter the kitchen, I had realized just who exactly I was working with.  

__________

 The reason that I didn't add Amy was because I just didn't need another plot device/villain. I also thought that making her act 'normal' would be out of character. Also, according to the internet, Amy's only 12.