Zone 2 (A Shadow within the Sky), Act 1

POV: ??

I have a good feeling that my brother wouldn't be too happy if he found my taking culinary, I think to myself as I get out some ingredients for me. After the teacher said to go into partners, I remembered that our class is only 15 kids, so I can usually work alone.

I keep a pretty low profile when it comes to this class. My brother Mephiles, is kind of a big deal in this school, and not in a good way. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been suspended for some of the things he gets away with.

Being a year younger than him, I was subsequently pulled into his works. Soon enough, I was being pulled into his fights and sh*t. I can keep my ground pretty well in a fight. But still, I don't like to fight other people's battles, even though it is my brother.

"Why don't you go work with Shadow?" My ears perked up when the teacher said my name. I walk and peek over the corner to see the same blue hedgehog that I had seen during lunch. I'm pretty sure that he is new because there wasn't as much fear in his eyes as others who approach me, but I could still tell that he was scared.

He walked up to me hesitantly with hand that he slowly raised. "H-Hey, I'm S-Sonic." He said with a sheepish grin. "Are y-you S-Shadow?" he asked as I nodded and shook his hand. As I did, I had felt him take a step back back as I released his hand.

POV: Sonic

"Are y-you Shadow?" I asked the black and red hedgehog that stood before me. He soon nodded as he pulled my hand into a handshake. I didn't expect for him to actually shake my hand, but it was nice.

"Do you know what we are supposed to make?" I asked him, trying to start a conversation. I had seen him get out a bowl, along with a mixer so I had gotten curious. "We are making a cake." he responded with a smooth voice as he hands me the recipe. 'Simple White Cake' was the name. Below listed all the steps and ingredients, which he had already gotten out and was putting in a mixing bowl.

I watched as he cracked the eggs like he was a professional chef while I greased the cake pan. "So... Do you like to cook?" I asked him, walking over to where he was. "What's it to you?" he said coldly as he mixed the batter.

"I'm sorry, it's just that I-" He cut me off. "It's just what?" He said more annoyed. "I'm sorry. I didn't think someone like you liked cooking..." I said with my ears down. I really didn't want to get into a fight on my first day. I hear a low growl from him before he grabbed me by the neck and pinned me against the wall.

"First, don't think you can just judge somebody that you've just met. And second, if you want to have a good school year, you will not tell anyone about me being in this class. Got that, hedgehog?!" He said with a growl. I quickly nodded as he than let me go with a scoff. "You'd better." he says as I stand back up.

"Oh, and to answer your question, hedgehog. Yes, I do enjoy cooking." he said as he started pouring the liquid batter into the 9x13 cake pan.

__________

Just so you know, Sonic joined school about 1 month after school started, just in case you didn't know.