Zone 2, Act 3

That was somewhat awkward, I thought as I left the office room and made my way out of the front door. As I walked to the gate of the school, I had felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Tails and Knuckles looking at me with quite serious expressions on their muzzles.

"Hey guys, what up?" I asked them, being oblivious to what's happening. "We need to talk to you." Knuckles said as he grabbed my hand and ran the three of us into a bush just outside of the gate.

"Now listen here, what did you tell Mr. Robotnik?!?" He said quite demandingly. I shrugged my shoulders, mostly because I don't understand what the big deal is. "Sonic, just tell us what you guys talked about..." Tails said demandingly, but less than Knuckles.

"I mean... he asked me a bunch of questions as to why I'm here... he asked me about my parents... he asked me about what my greatest talent was, and I-"

"What did you say?" Tails asked.

"What?"

"No, how did you respond?" Knuckles added.

"I did what I would always do. I told him about my speed and I showed him." I said, but to them it looked like I said the wrong answer. There eyes widened and that look of seriousness arose once more.

"Sonic, you might be in danger." Tails finally announced.

"It's not the first time." I said as I playfully rolled my eyes. I've been in my fair share of danger in the past, so I'm not really scared.

"I don't think you understand Sonic. Robotnik is a very powerful person, and he's been looking for someone like you." Now I'm a little worried. There isn't a lot of times that I've heard of people looking for people like me. "What do you mean by that," I asked.

"People with special abilities... you see, Robotnik might seem to be a nice person, but there is another side to him... a much... darker side." Knuckles warned.

"Knuckles is right. There has been students that have gone into his room and never came back out, and all of those people had something special that could've been useful for him." Tails told me.

"Then why hasn't anybody caught him then?" I said, wondering if this was all just a prank or something.

"Not enough evidence. This may sound like a joke, but I know someone who has disappeared." Tails looked somewhat sad after saying this. "Who was it?" I asked.

"He was my good friend. His name was Mets. He looked like you, Sonic. But his quills were shorter and his eyes were a dark ruby red... he was the fastest runner in the school. And he had an extremely high IQ, probably rivaling Mr. Robotnik's... one day, he was called to the office, but never came back from there..." he said, starting to form tears while his ears were already against his head.

I instinctively pulled him into a hug. Even though I don't really know Tails, I care about him, like any normal person would. I grab his face and make him look at me, wiping away the tears that are on his muzzle. "Listen, I just got here, I'm not leaving that easily. And if he does try something, I'll make sure I put up a fight."

I try to cheer him up. Soon enough, he calms down and we talk for a while. I look at my phone to check the time after I notice that the sun was starting to lower as we were all still in the bush at the school. "Sh*t, we'd better be going. It's almost 5."

"Yeah, I'd better be getting home, c-ya guys." Knuckles says as we all walk out of the bush and on our separate ways.

When I get home, I open the door and plop onto the couch. It's not that I'm tired, but it's that I don't wanna go back out even though I need to. I know I have to go grocery shopping today because I'm running out of food.

After a little while of motivating myself to move, I slump off of the couch and put on a coat, since the air has cooled considerably since I was out last. I make my way to the door and open it, letting the cool air hit my fur as I shut and lock the door, ready to walk to the store.