Zone 3, Act 3

We talk for a while, and its going pretty smoothly. Shadow's actually a pretty nice person. He has a lot of hobbies that I never would've thought he would be into. I also learned that he lives with his older brother and his father Doom. He also owns a small golden cat named Maria.

Soon enough, I hear the doorbell chime, so I get up and pay for the pizza, then go set the pizza on the coffee table. I go into the kitchen and grab two paper plates and go sit down next to Shadow, giving him a plate.

"So, what do you do for fun?" I ask him while I opened the box, letting the steam release into the air. Me and Shadow both grab a slice. "I don't really do much, I usually just and up laying in my room." He said in a depressing manner. I looked at him as his facial expression changed.

"Why is that?" I asked.

He looked a little hesitant to say anything, like he was scared to. "It's fine if you don't wanna talk about it, alright?" I said, trying to calm him down a little. I could tell that there was something that he was hiding but I just couldn't tell what it was.

"It's just that-" he was about to finish when his phone rang and he picked it up. "Sh*t!" He muttered.

"W-What's up Shadow?" I asked him as he frantically got up and grabbed his stuff. "Sorry, but I gotta go." He said as he started walking to the door.

"Alright, see you...tomorrow." By the time I said that, he was already out of the door. 'There is something that is bothering him, and I feel like I need to know what it is.'

POV: Shadow

I kinda feel bad for leaving like that but I had to. I answer the phone as I quickly walk down the sidewalk towards the house. "Hello?"

"Where are you Shadow?" I hear my brother say through the phone.

"I'm coming home now."

"Good. See you soon-" he says as the line disconnected. I put my phone in my pocket as I walk down the street of my house. I know what's about to happen, so I have to try my best to sneak into the house before my brother notices me.

As I open the door and walk inside, I immediately feel a dark presence as the door slams shut behind me. "How come it took you so long?" I hear Mephiles say darkly.

"I couldn't find the address." I lie, not wanting to tell him what I was actually doing.

"BULLSH*T!" He yells, slamming his foot on the ground as he started glowing a faint purple. It quickly dissipated as he tried to reclaim his calmness. "I know it didn't take you 3 f*cking hours to find the address!" He boomed.

He was always very intimidating, but I usually could keep a straight face to him, since we were the same hight and all. "You wanna know where I was? I stopped to get some pizza, okay?" I say to him, which hopefully will get him off my back for the time being.

"You see, was that so hard?" I scoff at his remark. I know that he's pretty much stronger than me in every way, but I can read him like a book and know my boundaries and how not to cross them. "Now grab your things, we're leaving." He says before he walks over to the door with his keys.

"Where are we going?" I asked, wanting to know what I need to bring. I hate going out with him because it always ends up with me getting hurt and starting unnecessary fights.

"There's a fight going on downtown, and they asked for backup. C'mon, let's go." He says as he goes outside to the car. I walk upstairs into my room and go into my safe inside my closet. I open the safe and grab a pistol and a uzi with about 4 rounds of ammo and put it into a small backpack that I leave on the side of my bed.

I slide the backpack on and I make my way out to the car, not wanting to even do this.