Zone 4, Act 3

I had finally made it to the end of the day, which means I get to see Shadow again. No matter what everyone says, I still like hanging out with him, even if i can't really tell my friends.

"Hey Shads." I say as I walk over to where he was. He looked up from his phone and over to me. "Don't call me that, espically not in public." he says with a stern voice, which makes me tense up a bit. I slowly nod as he notices my scared expression, and calms down. He grabs me and pulls me into a narrow hall in the room, probably so nobody can see us.

"Listen, I'm sorry... I just, dont want anyone seeing me being nice to people, let alone having friends." He tells me, wich, I am honestly shocked at his statment. "You... think of me as a friend?" I say with a small smile. He blushes which is kinda odd, but he nods. "That's besides the point."

"But why dont you want anyone to know?" I ask him. "I have my reasons, Hedgehog." He says, which I nod. I understand that he has things thats he's not comfortable telling me yet, so It's fine. We walk back to the kitchen, which I notice that there are directions on the table. "I guess we're frosting this cake tody, but it just tells us the recipe for the frosting."

"What are you getting at Hedgehog?" Shadow asked me, looking slightly intregued. "Wanna do a design or something on it?" I ask him which surprisingly, he smirks at the question.

"What design were you thinking?" He asks me, which I shake my head and shrug. "I really dont know, but if you got any ideas..." I tell him as I begin to start mixing the frosting. "Actually, I think I got one already." Shadow responds, still smirking slightly. I nod as I hand him the bowl filled with white frosting.

He took out three seperete bowls and pored some of the frosting into it. He they dyed them blue, black, and red. "Can you frost the cake with the white?" He asked me, who paicked a little. "Y-You want m-me to do it?!?" I say with my face red, mostly bacause I didn't want to ruin the cake. "Yea Sonic, you'll do fine." He said... patting my back, comforting me. This felt weied, but i aalo felt somewhat tingly inside, but I shrugged it off. "O-Okay."

I quickly grab a butter knife and start to frost the cake, trying my best not to mess it up. "You're doing fine Sonic, keep it up." Shadow said softly as he wached from the other wall, with a very slight blush on his muzzle, wich caused me to blush slightly as well. "Okay. Thanks Shadow." I said as I had soon finished up and gave him a nod.

It was a rather amazing experience watching him decorate the cake with such percision of an expert baker. It was like he was used to doing this. "You are amazing Shads! Do you do this often?" I asked him. "Occasionally," he rsponded as he finished up his work.

"Hey Shadow, I was wondering something." He looked from his work at me. "Hmm?" He questioned.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over again after school..." I told him as he stopped with with his jaw down, a surprised expression on his face. I was wondering what was going on in his mind, mostly because I've never seen him act like this before.

POV: Shadow

I was frozen. I dont know what he is thinking... I dont even know what im thinking. I havent been asked to hang out in years, let alone with someone I think I like- I shouldn't think like that, we've only known each other for 2 days. But I do wanna hang out with him... so I guess i'll just have to find a way out of the house. I relax and but back on a cold look. "Maybe." I say, which makes his emerald eyes glow with excited. "Really?!? Thanks Shads!" He said as he higged me and blushed lightly doing so. 'Maybe he does like me...'

"Get off of me hedgehog!" I say as I  lightly pushed him off of me. I really dont wanna push him away. It's nice having someone who cares about me and makes sure im okay, but still, I dont want anyone finding out about my new "friend," and chaos forbid, him getting hurt.

"By the way, Its done." I stand back and smile at my work. He smiled back as he walked next to me. "It looks amazing Shadow!" he said as he looked in amazment. I didn't do much, but decorated the sides of the cake with blue, black, and red frosting. I also put our faces (their logos btw) on the top of the cake. It wasn't much, but to him it was like a work of art, which made me smile slightly.

"Thanks Faker."