Zone 4 (3...2...1...Fire!), Act 1

"Hey guys." I say as I set my tray down next to Tails. "Hey Sonic, what's up?" Knuckles said.
"Nothing, but something did happen last night though." I say somewhat cheerfully, not trying to give off the wrong idea.

"Oh? What happened?" He asked. "So, well I-"

"Hey Huns, what up?" I was interrupted by Rouge sitting down, which wasn't that bad. It wasn't really that important to tell them about that encounter with Shadow or Mephelies yesterday. "Nothing really..."

"Well I got news to share. You guys hear about last night?" Rouge asked. I did read about something happening but I didn't look much into it. "I think I did, but in case I didn't, what happened?" I asked, while everyone else nodded. "We'll I heard that there was a major fight downtown last night, but the weirdest part was that both Mephelies and Shadow were seen there." Everybody else seemed unfazed by this, but I was honestly shocked by this.

"What's the matter blue?" Rouge said which knocked me out of my thoughts. "I didn't expect them to be affiliated with that. But then again, this place is full of surprises." I say smiling slightly. I'm not wrong though, this place always has something new going on.

"Wait, how did you?-" I said before reading Rouge already left. I didn't see her go, but I shrug it off because it honestly wasn't that big of a deal.

"Shit, where'd she go this time?" Knuckles said, sounding kinda upset that she has left. "At this qpoint, I would know." Tails said sighing, probably because he knew the reason Knuckles seemed upset. "At this point, everyone here's a mystery, like when I saw Shadow yesterday." I said laughing. Or at least until I saw both of their eyes widen in disbelief.

"You saw Shadow yesterday?!? Please tell me you didn't talk to him." Tails said, sounding quite worrisome, albeit. "What's wrong buddy?" I ask, wondering about his worrisome expression. "I just can't believe you actually ran into him-"

"Yeah, I honestly think he's actually a pretty nice guy actually." I smiled, since I've honestly never seen the supposed "bad side" of him that everyone seems to know. "You have to be kidding." Knuckles chimed in. "He probably forced you to say that." Tails also chimed in.

"I'm not kidding... listen, do you want me to tell you what happened." I asked, hoping I could appease them. I really don't know what the problem was. "Sure, but don't leave anything out." Knuckles stated, Tails nodding in agreement.

"There's not really much to say honestly, he came over because he had the wrong mail. I asked if he wanted to stay for pizza since I already ordered it..." I told then, hoping that that would've got then off of my case.

"That's it?" Tails said, probably still shocked that I am so calm talking about this. I understand this though. I'm guessing that They both know more about then then I do. But for some reason, I don't wanna leave Shadow. Something tells me I shouldn't.

"Yeah, pretty much. He left soon after and I haven't talked to him since." I tell the two.

"Okay... okay, but I still think that you shouldn't talk to him, even if he seems nice..." Tails says as I begin to daydream. I look over to my left over at the table Shadow was sitting at. I notice the same look that he had yesterday; unconfortabe, like he doesnt wanna be there. Suddenly, i see him look in my derection, which I immediently look away, trying my best to not show the blush that was covering my face. I have to admit, he is kinda cute, but- no! i cant think like that, at least not yet at least.

"Sonic?" Tails says which pulls me out of my thoughts. "What's up buddy?" I ask scratching the back of my head. I honestly didn't know what he said. I think he noticed that I didn't get anything though.

"Just... please don't get hurt. You're our friend and I don't wanna see you get hurt, especially by him..." Tails says, with Knuckles nodding in agreement.

"Don't worry guys, I can handle myself. You don't have to worry. Anyways, I should be going." I say as the bell rings, so we all get up to throw away our lunch trays and say goodbye to each other. 

"C-ya later guys." I say as we all seperate and go to our nex classes.

As I walk to my next class, I think about the confrontation yesterday. Should I trust Shadow? I ask to myself. I don't really know what to do. I mean, he hasen't done anything bad to me... then it's settled! I already know to steer clear of Mephelies, but Shadow... I'll see what happens. I've eacaped a monarchy and hevent been caught yet, I think I can handle one person.