Zone 2, Act 2

As the final bell rang throughout the halls, I turn around to notice that Shadow has vanished. I honestly don't know where he has been, knowing that I was looking at the door the whole time. Also, we are on the 2nd floor of the school, so he couldn't have jumped out of the window.

"Whatever..." I say, knowing I should probably go and grab my backpack before I go talk to Principal Robotnik. I quickly run down the stairs and down the long hall until I notice my locker. It took some time to find the number, so I decide to put a small bit of tape onto the front of my locker, hopefully to differentiate from the rest of them.

After I close up my locker, I walk down the hall and walk into the office. "Hello, I need to speak with Mr. Robotnik." I say to the secretary, who looked up at me. "Oh, sure. He's in his office." I nod and walk down the office hallway to the the last door with a futuristic-looking nametag beside it.

I quickly knock on the door, which to my surprise, gets answered pretty quickly. "Ah yes, Sonic. Please, come in and take a seat." He says as he opens the door to let me in.

The room was actually quite big, with a modern-like look to it. On the side of the wall, two robots sat on respective charging ports. I walk up to the desk and sit myself down, where he soon follows.

"Orbot, can you make me a coffee?" Mr. Robotnik tells the red bot. "Yes sir, I'll be right on that." Orbot replies, floating off of the charging port and over to the coffee machine.

"So Sonic, how are you liking it here?" He asks me as he pulls out a sheet of paper and grabs a pen from a cup holder on the table. "It's pretty nice, no major problems." I respond, smiling slightly.

"Well that's good..." he pulls out a clipboard. "Ok, I have a few questions to finish with your enrollment, ok?" He asked as I nod my head.

"Good. First thing: if I'm right, you're in the hedgehog species?" I nod. "So that means you won't be enrolled into the heat program then." I tilt my head slightly. "Heat program?"

"Unlike hedgehogs and other species of Mobian, a good amount of species go into heat around the early spring, so we give them a month off so nothing happens while in school." I realized what he meant by that. I've seen the change of people during the spring time, but it's never affected me... I'm gonna have to look up more later.

I blush slightly at the convention, but brush it off quickly when he says the next question. "What would you say would be your greatest talent?" I smirked.

"I can regularly break the sound barrier." I say with a grin. "I suppose that's how you got your name?" He said, sounding a little sarcastic, like he didn't believe me.

"What, you don't think I'm that fast? I'll prove it to you." I say with a cocky grin on my face. "That won't be necessary Sonic."  He says as I sit back down. "So, are there any more questions, or can I leave?" I said, trying my best not to sound rude, but I know I need to stop at the store before I go home.
"Actually..." he said with authority, "I tried to contact your household to confirm your medical records, but nobody responded." I begin to panic slightly. I know if I give away the fact that I live by myself, he might figure out who my mother is and I'll be sent back.

"Um... my mom was probably working." I lie, trying to keep a truthful expression. "I was suspecting that. I'll try again later in the week." He said as I internally sighed.

"But anyways, you may go." I hear the words of approval, which I get out of my chair and open the door. "Thank you." I say as I rush out as fast as I could, still trying to show off my speed.

POV: ???

So the kid wasn't lying then? I think as Orbot brings me my coffee. I take a small sip out of it and set it onto my table. This kid's speed could be of great use to me with my plan. An evil smirk envelopes my mouth as I start to laugh a maniacal laughter.

"Orbot, Cubot?" I call them over to me. "Find out as much as you can about this "Sonic The Hedgehog."