Zone 5 (Expect The Unexpected), Act 1

When I got home, I had immediantly went into my room and smiled, something that I had honestly havent done in years. There is something about Sonic that I havent felt since... Maria. I wish every day that she was still here, but its always in vane. She's gone, and she's never coming back. I take off my clothes and throw on a pair of sweatpants ans a black and red hoodie. I lay in bed and stare at the celing, not knowing what I should do.

'ON one hand, I really do wanna go see him. I don't know what it is exactly, but I feel this...connection whenever I'm around him. I think I like him, a-as a friend... but maybe-

No! Not after what he did to Maria. I don't wanna loose someone again.' I think to myself as my emotions conflict with each other. It's not that big of a deal; I've been used to these mood swings since I could remember. I sit up from my bed as I open my dresser drawer. I pull out my chaos emerald and inspect it. 'This...this is the last thing I have from her.' I sighed and put a look of determination on my face. "Maria wanted me to be happy, so even if it puts our lives at risk, I wanna at least try to be happy." I say to myself.

I raise my hand into the air, still holding the now glistening emerald and smirk. "Alright... let's do this. Chaos Control!" I say as a light engulfs me as I am instantaneously teleported to Sonic's doorstep.

The air is cool; cooler then it was yesterday at least, but still was pretty nice. I lift my hand and knock gently on the door. Soon enough, it slowly opened, revealing Sonic in more comfortable attire then what I had last seen him in. "Oh, hey Shads." He greets me happily as he moves over and gestures for me to come inside.

"Sorry if I'm bothering you... you said I could come over earlier." I say with a slight blush on my face. This was real new to me. Yesterday I had an actual reason to come here. But today it's just to hang out. "Shadow, I may be not be smart but I'm not stupid. Sure come in, although I didn't expect for you to actually come."

"Me neither," I muttered under my breath until I saw his ear twitch. "Huh?"

"N-Nothing."

"So, what's up?" I asked him, sitting on his couch. I had gotten used to the layout of his house, even though I've only been here once. His house is your average boys house, with it being slightly messy, yet well composed. The house was big as well, yet as far as I could tell it was honestly just him living there, which was slightly concerning but i decide to shrug it off.

"Nothing much. I didnt expect you to actually show up, otherwise I would've made something... and by that I mean I would've ordered something because I can't cook." He responded, smiling warmly looking for my reaction, which I showed some light laughter. "Give it time hedgehohg. Isn't that why you joined culinary?" I asked him, who thought about an answer for a few seconds.

"All I could ask for in life is be noticed in life, to make my own path and make a name for myself." Sonic said with his eyes glimmering, which was a somewhat cute sight  to see him so determined on lis life...wait, cute? "What about you?" He says, which snapps me out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"What do you want to do with your life?" he asked me which made me ponder for a second. 'Should I tell him? I-I mean... I trust him... don't I?'

"My brother wants me to take his place as the leader of his mafia and shit, but thats not what I want to do at all. What I want to do, is become a head chef, and hopefully start my own reasturant." I said comfidantly, as he nodded in approval, making me feel all the better in my decision.

"A-About your brother..." he says hesitantly, like he's unsure about something. "Hmm?"

"You never seem to talk about him... Are you two not close or something?" he asks me, still sounding a little cautious with his words. "I wouldn't say "close," yet we're not that distant either." I tell him bluntly, sighing as I lean into the soft couch, stretching my back.

"Care to elaborate?" he asks me. I don't really mind telling him stuff. There's just something about Sonic that makes me want to just spill my life story out at him; something that I have never felt before, but I know I shouldn't. I don't want anyone knowing too much.

"Like I said, my brother is the leader of his so-called mafia, which is really just a group of his friends that smuggle drugs and get into fights all downtown." Sonic seemed to be surprisingly interested in my conversation, which made me feel better in talking to him. This is probably the first time that I had someone willingly want to listen to me, and genuinly care about it, or at least I hope so. "I've never really wanted to do that stuff, therefore me and him get into arguements all the time. At this point, I'm surprised that he hasen't tried getting rid of me, since he barely lets me outside as it is."

As I had said that, I watched as the worried look in his eyes grew as I kept going. "You don't have to worry about me, hedgehog. I'll be fine, I can handle myself." I tried to reasure him, which he simple shook his head and like a lightning bolt, swiftly grabbed my phone from my pocket and started typing on it.

"Just what do you think you're doing, Faker?" I say abruptly as I try to grab it back from him. He moves the phone out of my reach as he continues typing away. Soon enough, he hands it back. I look at my phone, which was open to the contacts for some reason. I was about to close it when something at the bottom of the screen caught my eye. Sonic, it said under a new contact, which surprised me to some extent. "When did you-"

"Although I do trust that you can handle yourself Shads, I wanted to give you my number just in case. Now you can text me whenever you want." he said smiling, with a small glimmer of joy in his emerald eyes as I nodded.

I really have made a friend, I said smiling back.