Zone 4, Act 2

Gym class. Im excited for this. Well, I've been excited. I've always sports. Ever since I was little, I was always into running and other sports.

After I walk out of the locker room, which was... an experience. I am glad though that Knuckles is in my class, so I'm not alone. As I go over to the wall of the gym, I look towrds the door to the boys locker room, which I see Shadow come out. Wait, Shadow's in this class too? I didn't see him in the locker room... I say to myself. It's not really that bad though. It's nice, actually.

"Alright class, we got a new student." the coach says, pointing to me. "C'mon, tell us your name and something about you." He says to me, which I smirk at that statment. "Alright... I'm Sonic The Hedgehog and I'm the fastest hedgehog alive," I say, still smirking as I see Knuckles face-palming from my statment.

POV: Narrator

"Ah, so I see you are very comfident in your abilities." The coach says to Sonic, who is still smirking, extreamly comfident in his abilties. "Yea, but I'm much more than comfident." he says, rubbing the bottom of his nose. "You intrege me Sonic, so why dont we test you skill." The coack sead as started walking to the outside door, signaling for everyone to follow. Once everyone was outside, the coach walked everyone behind the school where there was a mile long track.

"Shadow, please come here." The coach says, which Shadow comes over and stands next to Sonic, with a blank look on his face. "Shadow?"

"Ah, Shadow will be racing you on the track, if thats okay with you... He is the fastest kid in the school, so lets see if you can compete against him."

"Yea Sonic, unless you dont think ou could beat me?" Shadow said, smirking at Sonic, antagionizing him. Sonic looked back at Shadow, smiling. "Were just gonna have to find out, wont we? But i'm prety sure I'll win." Sonic retorted cockily, makng Shadow grit his teeth as they both walked to the start area.

"Alright you two, get ready!" The coach said as the two got into their ready positions. Sonic looked a Shadow. "May the best hedgehog win," he says as Shadow nods and scoffs back.

"3...2...1...GO!" And they were off! All cou could see were blue and black blurs as they sped down the track, both neck and neck.

"You weren't lying hedgehog, but your no match for me." Shadow said, as he began speeding up, leaving Sonic behind. "Well thats a relif, because I thought I had to go easy on you." Sonic retaliated, speeding up next to Shadow. The finish line was alost up ahead, as the two were going as fast as they could, with neither of them showing any sigh of failing.

Finally, the reach the finish line, and slow down to a stop. "Alright, that was a close one, but the winner is... Sonic!" the coack said as the other kids cheered at Sonic, who was taking in the glory like it was a nobel prize. "Sonic, you were right, you are possibly the fastest hedgehog I've ever seen, And I would love to join the track team. I think you would be a valuable asset to the team."

"Really?!? I would love too!... wait, one sec." he says as he walks over to the black and red hedgehog who had managed to wander off next to some bushes. he was sitting down, straight-faced.

POV: Sonic

"Really?!? I would love to!..." I pause as I look over to Shadow, who had moves over to the bushes, looking mildly depressed. "o-one second..." I say as I walk over to him, pitting an arm across his shoulders, which startles him slightly. "Hey Shads, you okay?" I ask him, which i responce he pushes my hand off of him. "Why would you care hedgehog, you won." he says, which makes me feel kinda depressed.

"Listen, I had fun racing you... a-and I kinda wish we could do it again someday..?" I say hesitantly, as I get up as well as put a hand out, smiling. Slowly, he grabs my hand as I pull him up. "S-sure, that would be nice." he says, smiling back. For some reason, I hug him. I dont know why I did so, but I felt happy when I felt his arms slowly hug me back as we both begin to blush slightly. Luckily, we were in an area that nobody could see, but soon we seperated. "We'd better go back." I say.

"R-Right."

POV: ??

"So, he really is the fastest hedgehog alive. I'll talk to Coack Jackel more about this later. I need to know as much about this certain hedgehog before i begin my plan. But for now...we wait..."