𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟑 | 𝑬𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒕 |

It was late when Edmund and Susan and the rest of their party returned to the residence

It was late when Edmund and Susan and the rest of their party returned to the residence. Late enough for the princes to be asleep, but to their surprise, they found Sir Threston and Stowes and Azzos and Angron gathered around the two Narnian Princes, arms crossed and disapproving expressions.

"What are you two still doing up?" Edmund asked, confused.

Why are their heads hanging? And WHAT are they doing up so late?

All eyes turned to the twins. Well, all eyes that weren't on them already.

William looked up at Sir Threston who stood arms crossed and nudged his head towards the King, urging the prince to talk.

The boy clearly did not want to, but he turned to his uncle and spoke. "Corin's gone," he peeped, avoiding eye contact.

The words made no sense. None whatsoever.

"He's gone?" Edmund said, even more confused. "What do you mean, gone?"

"As in he's not here, he's out there," William explained, barely above a whisper.

"Out there in the entrance?" Susan asked and turned her head around.

"Out in the city," William finally looked at Edmund's eyes and immediately regretted it. King Edmund did not look pleased.

"What happened?" Edmund asked more serious than the twins had ever seen him.

"We were just playing,"

"We didn't think he'd take so long,"

"We didn't want him to get into any trouble,"

"It was just a game,"

"What was?" Edmund asked, his tone growing dangerously inflamed.

"We were playing the challenge game–" Edward said.

"–and we challenged him to go outside," Will finished.

"We? It was your idea," Edward complained.

"Naha, it was yours,"

"Well, you told him to,"

"Boys," Edmund called for them to focus.

"We challenged him to go out to the market and he hasn't returned since," Will said.

Susan gasped and drew a hand to her heart.

Edmund wanted to facepalm.

I knew bringing the three of them here was just asking for trouble.

He sighed, looked away from them, took a deep breath and turned to face his nephews again.

"How long ago was this?" Edmund asked, a little calmer.

"About an hour after you left," Will said.

"An hour?!" Susan said, alarmed. "I'm going out there,"