Chapter 62 | Rabadash the Riddiculous |

They feasted and drank, danced and laughed until the wee hours of the morning celebrating their victory and the return of Prince Cor. By the end of the evening Cor had heard the story of his kidnapping more than ten times and shared his whereabouts more times than he could remember. 

Raised in Calormen by a fisherman who sold him right the day he escaped. Imira couldn't even fathom. She had questions, so many questions, as well as an ardent urge for revenge she, unlike the others, had not quenched during the battle outside the castle gate, but just as her vengeance was out of place at a celebration, so were her questions. 

All but one. 

Imira approached Edmund from the side. He stood by the banquet table, searching for wine. 

"Where is Rabadash?" She asked Edmund in a whisper. 

"Locked up in a room somewhere," Edmund picked up the wine jug and filled his goblet. "Why do you ask?" he asked and took a sip. 

"You didn't kill him," Not a question but a statement. One laced with accusation. 

Edmund took a big sip. 

"No, I didn't," Edmund said and refilled his goblet. 

"Why?" Imira questioned. 

"The battle was over, we had won," he looked at her at last. 

"You should have killed him," Imira said, her lips slightly pulling to the side in annoyance. 

He stared quietly at her. "Probably," he said a moment later. 

"Will Lune have him executed?" Imira asked in a hushed tone. 

He took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. "You'll have to ask him," Edmund said and lazily walked away from the table. 

"I shouldn't," she said, easily keeping up with him. 

"Why not? You asked me," he said, his wrist resting idly on the pommel of his sword.

"To sense the waters," Imira explained. 

"I don't think he has made up his mind yet," Edmund said. "But you clearly have," 

"I know what I want, but I haven't decided yet what I should want," Imira said. 

He hummed in agreement. "Right there with you. I also want him dead," he brought his goblet to his lips. 

"But we can't have that," Imira said. 

"Not unless Lune decides so," Edmund glanced at the King. "And with this outcome, I don't think he has the stomach for it. And then there are the repercussions to consider. He has all the right to his head and we would back him, but Calormen is powerful. Lune has a difficult choice to make; one I do not envy," 

"He can't just let him go, that would show weakness," Imira argued as if it was Edmund she had to convince. "He cannot go unpunished. If the situations were reversed, they would not keep prisoners," 

"They might. As insurance," Edmund said and took a sip. 

"From what I know about him, I have a feeling he would make for a terrible political prisoner," Imira commented. 

"Do you have any better ideas?" Edmund asked. 

"No," Imira admitted. "But perhaps they will," she looked at Lucy and Peridan, chatting by the garden fountain. 

--------------------