𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 | 𝑺𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒌 |

[Published 09/Feb/2020]

I hope you'll find this chapter entertaining. If you do, don't forget to hit the vote button.

October 1002

October 1002

Half a week later James had everything worked out. And since the King of Lycia wanted his daughter to remain Queen, he did all that was in his power to help. Now all James had to do was go through with it.

"Are you sure about this?" Hayley asked him one last time.

"Positive," James said as they walked up to his horse. "And hey, if things go south, you know what to do,"

"Just be careful, please," Hayley said as they stopped in front of the horse.

"You'll be fine," James reassured her, giving her a small encouraging smile.

"It's not my wellbeing I'm concerned about, I'm worried something might happen to you," Hayley took a step closer to him and started petting the horse.

"I'll be fine," James said in a relaxed manner, but Hayley was looking very worried. "Hey, it'll be alright," He pulled her in for a hug and kissed the top of her head. He felt her arms wrapping around him and hugging him back. He didn't want to, but he let go after a while and got on the horse. "I'll see you soon,"

As Hayley watched him leave she realized just how much she had grown to care about him in the last weeks. Despite all the disagreements they'd had, she loved him.

As they arrived at the exit of the secret tunnel, James began to stress

As they arrived at the exit of the secret tunnel, James began to stress. Did he really want to go up against his sister?

"Your Majesty?" one of his guards, Rawkin, got his mind back on track.

"We're here," James announced. "Right behind this wall. It just needs a little push,"

The guards got to it and made little work of the sliding doorway, revealing a dimly lit grim chamber.