𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓 | 𝑩𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 |

"A boy in the street made a beastly joke about Queen Susan—" said Prince Corin, taking a sip from the water Mr

"A boy in the street made a beastly joke about Queen Susan—" said Prince Corin, taking a sip from the water Mr. Tumnus had brought him "—so I knocked him down. He ran howling into a house and his big brother came out. So I knocked the big brother down. Then they all followed me until we ran into three old men with spears who are called the Watch. So I fought with the Watch and they knocked me down. It was getting dark by now. Then the Watch took me along to lock me up somewhere. So I asked them if they'd like a stoup of wine and they said they didn't mind if they did. Then I took them to a wine shop and got them some and they all sat down and drank till they fell asleep. I thought it was time for me to be off so I came out quietly and then I found the first boy — the one who had started all the trouble — still hanging about. So I knocked him down again. After that, I climbed up a pipe onto the roof of a house and lay quiet till it began to get light this morning. Ever since that I've been finding my way back. Imagine my surprise when I entered through the window I find your majesty has mistaken another boy for me. I tried to get him to stay, but he was in such a hurry. He said he was a Narnian that had been brought up here and was escaping north with a talking horse, so I let him be and told him how to get out. Hey, he mentioned something about leaving, what's that about?" 

Edmund didn't know what to say. That boy he had caught in the street looked exactly like Corin, there was no doubt in his mind the boy was identical to the prince. He was his twin. Ha! His twin, for Aslan's mane, he had found Prince Corin's twin! He had found the long-lost prince! And now he had lost him. 

Edmund went to look out the window, but there was no trace of the boy. 

Oh, bother. Well, at least the boy was alive and making his way north. Once they were out of this wretched city, he'd inform King Lune and everyone would be on the look-out. Oh, the poor boy, being brought up in Calormen all these years. 

Edmund and Susan exchanged glances, both thinking the same: we had found prince Cor! 

"Yes, we're leaving Calormen. Go get yourself cleaned up and pack your things," 

"That's not fair," Will grumbled. "He wasn't upset with you in the slightest," 

Corin smiled cheekily. "I take it King Edmund was upset with you?" 

"You think? We won't be allowed to do anything fun until our parents return," Edward complained. 

Corin laughed. "Even when I lose, I win," 

"So you didn't do it then?" 

"Didn't you hear what I said? I got in a fight, I didn't have time to go to the stupid market," 

"Then we won," Will declared. 

"Did you really? Did you?" Corin walked away with a smirk.