𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑 | 𝑩𝒂𝒅 𝑯𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒔|

The ride back to Cair Paravel felt longer than usual, but we were fortunate enough to make it hours before dawn. I saw the stag had been caught while we were warming up by the fire. It was brought on horse by the hunt servants who then proceeded with the unmaking, for which Lucy got as far away as possible and Edmund and Lord Peridan went over to partake in. However, I was far too preoccupied with staying warm to bother asking who had won, so I dedicated myself to keeping warm and focused on listening to the hedgehog's (whose name was Throbblehead) retelling of how he saw Lady Danielle and I go into the river and then alerted Peter of what had happened.

I spent nearly an hour by the fire trying to warm up, but try as I might, my feet remained cold and I couldn't stop shivering. Danielle sat on the opposite side of the fire with my cousin. She kept stealing glances at me as if she wanted to say something, but she never did. A thank you would have been nice.

Meanwhile, Peter and Darren decided we'd share our earlier catch (the rabbits and the birds) with the hedgehog and his friends as thanks for their assistance. I said we out to invite the River Nymph (whose name I didn't catch) but she had disappeared before we got a chance to thank her. Our catch was cooked for lunch and soon enough Lucy and Lord Roy were having lunch with us.

"How're you feeling?" Peter asked once I had finished my piece of rabbit meat, bread and cheese.

"Better, I'm just tired," I replied. The adrenaline rush had worn off and now I was just feeling exhausted. Exhausted and cold. I remember Peter once told me how he and his sisters had fallen into the Great River on their way to Aslan's camp, he probably understood how I felt.

Peter nodded and then turned to look at Edmund and Lord Peridan, who were still busy with the unmaking. Chatting and having a laugh and just enjoying the day.

"Alright, we're leaving," Peter said grunting a bit and then stood up.

"What? I thought we were waiting for them to be finished," I said, looking at Edmund and company.

"We said so, yes, but you're just sitting here cold and tired while everyone else is having a good time," he said looking at Edmund who was now bothering Lucy with the entrails of the stag. She shrieked and hid behind Lord Roy, pushing him towards the bloody mess and earning a complaint. "This hunt is over, the only thing you will catch is a cold if we stay out here any longer. We can go ahead the four of us," he said pointing at my cousin and Danielle, "and allow Edmund and Lucy and everyone else to have a good time,"

"Well, I like your plan," I stood up and wrapped my arms around him. He's always warm, like my personal fireplace.

"You're freezing," he replied wrapping his arms around me. "Come on, let's get you home,"

Danielle and Darren agreed almost at once to Peter's plan. He asked Lucy if she wanted to come with us, being most concerned about her safety, but she was having such a good time with Lord Roy and Peridan and Edmund she decided to stay and return with the boys.