Magia

Dream watches wars from his throne in the heavens, idly playing with stray strands of his golden hair as laments over how the humans shed their blood, sweat and tears over materialism evanescent. They are so foolish, he thinks as they throw their lives away for fleeting things that barely matter after a few generations pass them by. They are so naïve, he thinks as they stain their hands with atrocities that will haunt them until the end of their days for something they will grow to regret eventually. Although, past the crippling disappointment at the inherent flaws of the creatures made in the gods' likeness, one particular warrior has caught his attention.

It's a young man, about the same age as the young god's physical form. He is an enigma, clad in a roughly polished boar skull mask and draped in regal robes fit more for a king than a soldier. He is an enigma, striking down adversaries with the unparalleled elegance of a trained knight and yet snuffing out the flames of enemy lives with the mercilessness of a bloodthirsty brute. He is of flowing pink hair tied into a loose braid dancing with the wind when he descends upon the battlefield, he is of intimidating silence broken only by meaningful words in low tones and wise origins, he is of overarching blades and masterful swordsmanship and a deadly intelligence yet to be unearthed beyond simple battle strategies.

Someday, the light of love that you set aflame in your eyes will transcend time

And surely destroy one dream of this world that hurries to its ruin

Technoblade is his name, the young god learns as he carves it into history with the telltale vermilion lifeblood that marks his path. Technoblade is his name, the young god learns as whispers of his prowess spread like wildfire across the land far and wide. Technoblade is his name, the young god learns as his visage imprints itself into his intrusive thoughts and his soul burns into the empty space in the heart Dream didn't know he had.

Technoblade is his name, and he is the warrior who has transcended beyond mortal capabilities and whose skills have become on par with the gods. He has earned praise that he very well deserves, has come to know of a passion that would come to define his unwavering persistence at beating all expectations. He hones himself to an almost unbelievable extent, he pushes past doubts and disbeliefs and everything else in his way. He does not falter; with every strike his sword only gets sharper, with every swing his hand only becomes stronger. He has abandoned all perceptions of a realistic goal, and that has allowed him to go far above that.

Now that you've drank every ounce of your hesitation, what do you desire?

On the path of yearning as greedy as this, will there be a transient tomorrow?

And yet, as how all is inevitable, the warrior grows weary of being on the top of the world. He's reached the peak of what is possible for his very human body and soul, and for the first time in his life he puts his weapon down not out of exhaustion but out of boredom. There is nothing left for him anymore in the art of the blade, there is nothing left to pursue once he has reached perfection. He had worked not for glory nor honor nor riches that came with the aptitude, but for the aptitude itself. And now that he has achieved it, he has nothing else to seek. He hates to admit it, but he doesn't know where else to go.

A wide, almost manic grin makes its way onto Dream's face as he finally deems him worthy of the ultimate blessing. It's about time, he thinks as his hands glow with a power that he had been itching to use as soon as his golden eyes had landed on the renowned warrior. He didn't want to encroach on Techno's right to live his life; now that he himself has said he has nothing else to live for, Dream simply couldn't resist the opportunity. He has waited so long after all.

I want to see you, smiling with the power to destroy even God

Like the ancient magic you showed in my dreams when I was young

The lavish hall of his throne room fills with light, blinding and shining and oh so beautiful. It was a sight he had longed to see for the past few years, a sight he had imagined ever since that fateful day. When the brightness dissipates, he's left with Techno gracelessly sprawled on the carpeted floor. He stifles a giggle behind his gloved hand, not wanting to wake the warrior whose body has just exerted himself to the limit in the process of his ascension. Instead the young god wraps his body with magic and waves a finger, lifting Techno off the ground and moving him towards the much lusher and more comfortable bed in his soon-to-be personal room a few doors down. Thankfully, he doesn't stir all throughout the whole ordeal.

Dream gives a soft smile and stretches a little before standing up from his seat. He should go make another throne for his new companion now.

What I hold in these frightened hands of mine is courage made of handpicked flowers

This wish that will awaken the light