Alluring Secret: Black Vow

It was supposed to be a quick trip.

As all angels are at some point of their immortal lives, Dream is curious about the world outside the pearly gates of paradise. He is especially curious about the quaint little creatures full of free will and contradictions known as humans. He wants to know what made them tick, what made them the way they are. As fellow creatures created in the gods' image, he is strangely drawn to their antics even in the midst of his daily life.

It's not that he doesn't like heaven, for it is truly wonderful in its own right. Towers of marble reaching out into the boundless sky and bountiful gardens are still breathtaking every time he strolled the streets of the divine city. Statues of ivory marking the sides of the path and silken drapes are still pleasant to the touch every time his fingertips run over them gently. It's all perfect, but perfection could only be appreciated in scarcity. So where everything is flawless, Dream finds himself entertained by the little flaws. On earth, he finds joy in the varying blemishes of apples plucked from the same tree, in the wrinkles of people's clothing, in the slight discrepancies between the pastries from one bakery. There is beauty in the reachable, in the attainability of that which is natural that makes its ethereality so much more impressive. There is beauty in the flaws, and humans are so very full of them. So much so that he loves to look at them in his free time, so much so that no one bats an eye when he comes barreling out the gates and down into the mortal realm.

Except maybe he should've listened to his best friend a bit more, so he wouldn't be lying on the gravel path with his knees scraped and bleeding when he is supposed to go back for the night. Nearly a century of existence, and his carelessness is still as prevalent as ever. It's as clear as day that he's still young and inexperienced. Regardless of the slight sting and dirtied white garments, he isn't exactly fazed by them. It's just a few scratches, really, it would be easy to treat and heal for a creature like him. He isn't exactly fazed by anything until he hears rapidly nearing footsteps. Worn leather shoes crunch against the terrain until they come to a halt just in front of him. Interest piqued, he looks up to see who approached him.

He's stunning. absolutely gorgeous. The first thing that catches Dream's eye is the stranger's own, and at that moment his fate is sealed. It's almost pathetic, how easily an angel surrounded by the grandest of sights for decades is entranced by a mere human's soul piercing yet gentle gaze. It's even more pathetic how he notices the way pink hair falls perfectly over crimson eyes and frame the side of his face, and how they draw his attention to a sculpted jawline then down to defined collarbones ever so slightly peeking out of his sheer grey embroidered dress shirt with a deep black vest over it. The stranger leans over a little to stretch a gloved hand out for Dream to take. With a barely audible gulp, he complies and puts his own shaky hand in his.

The contact burns, but not as much as the cold metal of a gold ring engraved with small diamonds.

"Are you alright?" the stranger asks him once he's pulled up to his feet. He looks even more incredible up close, where their faces are easily just a few inches apart and his lips are just one more temptation away. "That looks rather nasty. we should patch you up before it gets infected. Thankfully for us, I always bring around some first aid."

Dream nods numbly, and before long he's sat down on a worn down log where none of its splinters could dig into his skin deeper than the thorns of desire snaking their way around his heart. It's so funny. The sun is setting, but it seems brighter than ever when its rays of light kiss the stranger's skin the way Dream himself wants to. He's only holding him to disinfect his wounds, yet it feels like something more despite the way the engagement ring digs into his flesh when the grip tightens. He handles the injured area so delicately, yet every graze of his fingertips sends jolts rushing up his spine. It's just so funny, so unbelievably hilarious how Dream's world seems to shift entirely around this man he just met.

"My name is Techno. What's yours?" That snaps him out of his thoughts. Techno, huh? What a pretty name. Pretty coming from a pretty boy's lips. Pretty rolling off the tip of Dream's tongue, the sound drifting off into the chilly haze of dusk. Everything about him is just so pretty, from his eyes and his face to the name it was given. Dream may have just said he isn't fazed by perfection, but he discovers he just hasn't actually seen it until now.

"I'm Dream." is all he manages to say, words held lest they spill unwelcome adoration.

"Where are you from?" Techno is trying to make small talk, and who is Dream to deny him?

"That's rather boring, I'm sure everyone has heard of it already." He waves it off nonchalantly, and the other man gives a low chuckle.

"Rather mysterious, aren't you?"

"It's more of I'd just like to know more about you instead."

"I'm sure I'm as interesting as your hometown that apparently everyone knows."

"You'd be just like everyone my age were it not for your ring." Well, his physical age at the very least. Pretty boys or not, he doesn't exactly want to spill his identity to people he's just met. "Is there a story behind it?"

"Arranged marriage. Yes, there's a story behind it, but it's a rather long one." Techno hums in acknowledgement as he finishes dressing the abrasions before standing up to prepare to leave. "Well, Dream, those should heal up in no time. I hope that our next meeting wouldn't come at the cost of a few scrapes." His tone is lighthearted and Dream mutters his gratitude as he turns and starts walking away.

This is the best conclusion by far. They would never see each other again, never to be tempted by the tendrils of forbidden love creeping up on them. Dream would go back to his heavenly duties, and Techno would return to his normal everyday life. Dream would keep his purity and chastity, and Techno would get married and have a hopefully peaceful honeymoon. It was, logically speaking, the best course of action.

Yet despite the voice of reason in his head ringing clear, he still finds it in himself to entertain his innermost fantasies. He still finds himself unable to tear his gaze away from Techno's retreating back. He can't tell if the devil is whispering into his ear or if his heart was truly stolen but whatever it was, it was doing a great job of making his very being itch for more. He wanted more. Desire creeps under his skin and seeps into his core the further apart they are. It's almost unbearable. He didn't feel divine, as if around Techno he stopped being an angel of the gods and was simply Dream; yes, the very same Dream that craved all of Techno, that wanted him to be his, that wanted to hold him close and never let go.

His best friend always told him to shoot his shot when given the chance, so he did.

Dream runs up and reaches out for Techno's shoulder, scrunching up the probably expensive intricate fabric as he pulls him back; his other hand coming up to cup his cheek and guide him into a sudden kiss. His eyelids close shut at the invigorating feeling; it's not gentle but it isn't rough either, not with how soft his untainted skin feels against Techno's own. Oh, how he melts into the gesture like ice cream on a hot summer day when the butterflies in his stomach flutter up his throat in the form of a needy whine. He swallows up the surprised squeak elicited from Techno's parted lips, drowning the muffled sound when he tilts his head to slot their mouths together as deep as physically possible. It's electrifying to get a taste of forbidden love, to taste Techno on his tongue when he swipes it against his lower lip greedily as if to wipe away his sin.

The contact burns, but not as much as the sting of rejection when he's being pushed away.