Face to Face

Techno wakes up to the gentle sunlight warming up his skin and casting the room in a golden glow, memories of tear-filled nights washed away by slumber and tender affection. Everything is far too bright, he decides, so he closes his eyes for a minute as his brain wakes up along with the rest of his body. His apartment is silent apart from the buzz of the busying streets of the city and his own soft sighs, devoid of the sobs from a time past that had filled the air until it was suffocating. He's still blinking away bleariness, eyes adjusting to the world around him when the lump of blankets on his left side shifts and reveals none other than Dream. Hair messy and shirt wrinkled from turning and tossing around, Dream rubs his eyes and groans at the light before reaching out blindly for the blankets. Amused, Techno ruffles his hair to wake him up.

Adding the smiling emoticon because you're trying to cover your sadness

If you're okay, then why are your texts so short?

Woah oh oh oh, woah oh oh oh

"Dream." Techno croaks out, with a dry throat and a voice distorted by the remnants of sleep and the consequences of tears. "Good morning." His heart flutters as Dream musters a small smile, shy and tentative before he moves so close that his hot breath is palpable on Techno's exposed neck. Both of them can feel the small shiver running up his spine, and Dream lets out a breathless little laugh that only serves to quicken Techno's rapidly beating heart. His fingers twitch by his side as he aches to do something, anything in response to the love that fills his hollow soul and threatens to spill over in a mess of sentiments.

Those superficial wounds will heal in just a few days

Your silence is more like your loneliness is crying out

No oh oh oh, no oh oh oh

"G'mornin, Techno." Dream whispers before he leaves a trail of soft kisses up Techno's neck all the way to just below his lips, and he feels as though his entire body is burning with a flame so fervid that it threatens to consume him whole. All this time of being together, and yet he's no less flustered from the countless gestures of affection that Dream never seems to run out of. Techno's heart skips a beat when Dream finally closes the distance and kisses him, soft and sweet despite their dry lips and lasting longer than it really should for so early in the morning. But who cares, really? Not them, not in the privacy of Techno's bedroom and tangled up in the silken sheets as they bathe in the golds of the rising sun. Dream pulls away and giggles before sitting up and stretching out his limbs a little, lean muscles flexing under the thin fabric of his shirt. Techno's heartbeat is pounding loudly in his ears and he feels as though he's going to burst if he sits in silence and his tender feelings, so he opens his mouth to say the first thing that comes to mind.

You're not alone, this I can promise

"You hogged the blankets again last night." When Dream laughs at that, Techno can't help but laugh too. Nevertheless, he takes the bait because he always does, because that's how they always end up in lighthearted banter. It's something so familiar, so irreplaceable in their day to day life even as their label had changed from friends to best friends to lovers.

"Does it even matter? We cuddle." As if to prove his point, Dream leans back on the headboard and gestures for him to come closer. Techno is never one to deny him, so he finds his way onto his lap and presses his torso against Dream's. Both of them let out a content sigh at the warmth, fingers quick to trail across exposed skin and play with messy strands of hair.

"Of course it does. it's still cold." Techno rolls his eyes, and Dream doesn't have to see it to know that he does. It's the kind of thing that comes from years of knowing each other, of love-struck observations and careful attention to details brought only by affections. It's the kind of thing that only comes from being in love, almost painfully so.

"Why, am I not hot enough for you?" Techno sighs in exasperation and pushes himself off Dream as he laughs at his own joke, though he can't deny the chuckle that bubbles up his throat. It was just too easy for Dream to make him smile, to wipe away his blues and paint him with yellows.

Lowering my voice a little

Feet stepping a little closer

Until I am face to face with you

"You're lucky I love you, otherwise I would've kicked you off a long time ago." Techno grumbles, moving to unravel the blankets from his leg. When he notices the silence, he looks back to Dream to see what he's doing. He doesn't expect the fond look he's being given, the twinkle in emerald eyes as they meet crimson and the tiny grin that decorates a freckled face when he doesn't look away. It's a look so unbearably soft, so unbelievably tender that Techno doesn't know how to respond to it. "What?"

"I'm happy you're feeling better now, love." Dream shifts closer and brings a hand up to cup his face, thumb running along dried tear tracks in a gesture so reminiscent of last night. It had only been a few hours, and yet it feels so long ago with how bright his world is once again. Techno doesn't even remember what he had been so stricken about, only sweet nothings and grounding touches were the memories that had chosen to linger in his simple mind. He mirrors with a smile of his own and leans into Dream's hand, pressing a kiss onto his palm.

"It's all thanks to you, you know."

Ears listening a little more attentively

Hugging a little more sincerely

I will realize those beautiful dreams with you