Jealousy

Techno grits his teeth at the sight in front of him, hands balled up into fists at his sides. His crimson eyes narrow into the slits of an intense glare, their blood red hue seeping out into the palpable waves of fury rolling off him.

Me being this way

I know you're enjoying it

They're in some kind of after party for MCC, but honestly Techno couldn't give any less of a fuck on what's going on. It's not too bothersome, just a humble celebration with food and music and drinks where people lazed around after a long day of the continuous tournament. He doesn't care so long as he's left alone and the room isn't too loud. He does care, however, that Dream is curled up into his best friend's side in a warm hug. Now, normally this wouldn't be an issue because nearly everyone knows that both of them are exceedingly clingy and affectionate when it comes to each other. If anything, this should have just been another day for anyone. No, this is an issue because of what Dream is doing, and how he seems to know what he's doing.

The other glances back only to make eye contact, his calculating gaze lined with emerald piercing into his soul. His mask is only partially on, revealing half of a very attractive face that he doesn't get to see around a lot.

As if you want me to see

Like tapping on my shoulders, ha ha funny

Dream is pressed up against his best friend in such a way that they slot perfectly together, the masked man leaning down to rest his head against the crook of the other's neck with his chest pressed flush against his side and his arms wrapping just perfectly around his torso. There's only one arm wrapped around Dream, but its hand is resting at his slim waist and Techno briefly feels his eye twitch in annoyance when he notices it. He doesn't even know why he's still paying attention, but he's probably watching with poorly concealed anger as Dream takes the other arm and guides it to wrap around him as well. Except it isn't that simple, because of course the masked man makes it so that his best friend's hand runs down his lithe frame tantalizingly slow before ending up at his waist as well. It's teasing. It's frustrating. It's downright maddening.

Not to mention, the little shit has the audacity to fucking smirk at him throughout the whole ordeal.

I thought I was special

I almost took it the wrong way

Techno rolls his eyes in response and starts to walk out of the room without much prerequisite. No one here would try to stop him, or even miss him if he left anyway. There's no point staying here longer for a something that leaves a bitter taste in his mouth anyway, and he really needs to get out before he starts developing a grudge against Dream's best friend. Techno is pretty sure he isn't doing anything on purpose, so he's not to blame. He's successfully made it out of the building and the prying eyes of the crowd, but he's pulled back abruptly halfway through navigating the extensive gardens on the way to the front gate.

He looks back to see fingers curling around his wrist, searing small flames into the exposed skin as a thumb traces circles on it. It's almost scary how he doesn't entirely mind.

I was thinking and now my head is spinning

Why are you doing this to me?

"What was that?" Techno's gaze drifts upward to look at Dream, to take in the lazy smirk on his face as his mask is now nowhere to be found. Oh god, he's not ready to have this conversation like this. He burns the visage of constellations on tan skin, bright emerald eyes, rosy cheeks and flaxen strands framing a sharp jawline into the back of his eyelids before swallowing the dry lump in his throat as he tries to formulate a coherent response.

"What was what?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

Techno does know, and he also knows that they both know, and yet he decides to play dumb. He doesn't really know why, but he can chalk it up to not wanting to feel so raw and vulnerable in face of scrutinizing. He isn't used to feelings, isn't used to love and the love Dream just seems to invoke in him. It's all too new, all too clumsy and embarrassing.

There is nothing between us, so what is this?

Why do you keep getting on my nerves?

"I don't, actually." Techno attempts to wave him off, but Dream just raises an eyebrow and tilts his head. It's cute. Far too cute, honestly.

"So you don't know that you're jealous?"

"What is there to be jealous of?"

"Exactly." Dream steps closer, and suddenly all the world is just him. He's all up in his space, the night air between them replaced by a lime hoodie and the emptiness his hands are used to have suddenly been filled by Dream's slipping his hand there to intertwine their fingers. "There's nothing to be jealous of when you already have my heart."

"Oh." Techno responds, ever so eloquent. It makes Dream giggle, which appropriately makes his heart seize up. Goddamn, he was such a simp.

A little jealousy

Not me but another person

Your eyes stare deeply at him

"Don't worry, it's cute." The blonde wipes an imaginary tear from his eye before his demeanor changes from day to night. A catlike smirk curls his lips upwards, and suddenly a hand is on Techno's shoulder and a knee makes its way between his legs and Dream's voice reduces to a mere whisper in his ear that sends a shiver down his spine. "It's cute that you're territorial, possessive, even, for someone that isn't yours... yet."

"Shut up." Techno growls lowly then suddenly pulls him in closer, relishing the surprised squeak it earns him before muffling all teasing remarks with a rough kiss.

Jealousy

Not me but another person

Just stop talking about him, stop it