Prom Night Lights - The Reunion | Perfect

You sat by your desk, counting down the seconds before you were released from all of the paperwork Bubble Girl had handed you. True to the spirit of the agency, everything had to be accounted for, and your completed pile was almost at its capacity. Taking a breather from all of the work, you decided to give Izuku Midoriya a call, hoping you would catch him while he wasn't busy preparing for his own reunion. In fact, the plan was to meet him at his former academy, as he would already be present when the event began. Months prior, Midoriya had informed that he was asked to return to plan the event, along with a few alumni who were more than thrilled to pitch in. Having the Number One Hero putting up decorations and arranging table seatings was a bit comical, but you knew Midoriya would never let that down. You had learnt that he had helped arrange his graduation, the Prom Night theme being a surprise.

Recalling those conversations brought a smile to your face while you quickly called Midoriya on your phone, listening to the dial tone while watching the clock by your desk.

"Hey Cutie," greeted Midoriya with a chirp in his tone

"Hi Izuku, busy day?"

"Yeah, we're almost done though. Should be in the next hour or two. How about you?"

"Counting down the clock as we speak," you jested.

"Don't make it sound like a chore. I can't wait to see you tonight."

You felt your cheeks burn with excitement while you couldn't contain the smile that forcibly plastered itself on your face. "Me too."

"Figured out what you're going to wear?" asked Midoriya, his tone a little too excited when he dropped the question.

"Well, I did take a peek at what you planned so at least we're a pair," you replied with a slight smug look.

"You know that's called cheating."

"Not if you left it out on purpose."

Midoriya laughed through the phone, the reverberations of his voice hitting your ears. It felt like he was there right next to you, while you eyed the next couple of minutes to go before leaving.

"I gotta get back to it, but don't rush getting here," he informed.

"I'll be careful. See you soon."

Farewells were exchanged before you hung up your phone, staring back at the clock with only less than a minute to go. That smile refused to leave your face until you felt a pair of eyes staring at you not too far away. You slowly found Bubble Girl from afar, waving in the air with a wink before she walked away, cheerful to have caught your goofy smile. You sighed inwardly, hearing the alarm go off from the clock on your desk.

------

The trek from work to home to UA was nothing short of exciting. You've never set foot in UA, only ever seeing the tall white walls that surrounded it from afar. Security was tight years ago, and still was to this day. Dressed in your attire, you called down a taxi to take you to the school, noticing the groups of people that entered through the gates upon arriving there, whether they be alumni or guests. Clearance into the academy was a process, but after showing the guards your pass and plus one ticket from none other than their former star pupil, you were immediately whisked away from the common paths through the academy and was taken around another route towards Gym Gamma.

Your walk towards the auditorium was eye-opening, noticing from across the tree-lined paths familiar faces and friends. You could've sworn you spotted Ground Zero from across the way while he met Red Riot, Chargebolt, Cellophane, and Pinky. It was still strange to see them altogether, even though you had acquainted yourself with a few of them by now through Midoriya. You began to notice a few more of his former classmates - Shouto, Froppy, Uravity, Ingenium, even Tsukiyomi was roaming about. In all, the more prominent heroes had arrived for this reunion