Got a Secret, Can You Keep It?

A momentary leap of excitement filled your chest only for it to be disheartened when the message you received did not reveal the name you were hoping for. Sitting by your desk, with cloak laying haphazardly behind you, you went about your day filing reports and fulfilling quotas, something you never expected now that you had been given certification as a Pro-Hero.

This wasn't exactly the life you imagined it would be after transferring into Nighteye's Agency.

Ding

You grabbed your phone, wide-eyed, elated, only for your eyes to droop and your lips to pout. Not the message you were hoping for, almost tossing your phone onto the desk before eyeing the paperwork just shy of them. A heavy sigh took you by surprise, realising how you have been behaving on your own, shaking your head subtly to yourself. You were a full-grown adult acting like you were back in high school full of giddiness whenever the thought crossed your mind.

It had been months on and off between work as a Pro-Hero and the occasional hire with police  around the city. But ever since that day at the Heroes' Association, you couldn't get the encounter out of your head. It was unexpected, but it was also familiar. Even so, every chance he and yourself could grab a moment to chat, it looked as if he wanted to tell you something—

"So, who's the lucky one?" Cooed Bubble Girl from above your desk.

"Ah, no one!" You exclaimed, swiping your phone away from sight.

"Come on, you can't escape that look in your eye. Who is it?"

Bubble Girl coyly smiled at you from above the cubicle wall, catching you a little unnerved that she caught on to how you felt. You more so kicked yourself for showing any sign of excitement on your face.

"It's nothing, really," you continued to press, only to hear an exasperated and slightly dramatic sigh escape from Bubble Girl.

"You're no fun. Well, I could give you more paperwork to do," she mused.

"Please don't."

Ding

Sadly, the message came from Bubble Girl's phone while she collected it on her person, skimming through the latest updates. "Hm, seems the Local Hero Network has a lead," she informed. "Looks like those Yakuza members are trying to pull the wool over our eyes."

Another message popped in your phone, collecting it nonchalantly with the assumption of receiving a random text before your eyes widened with excitement. A quick read of the message left you rushing for your cape, quickly clasping it onto your person while you walked past Bubble Girl with a fuel of the red cloth behind you.

"Could you—?" She started before her eyes caught sight of your cape shy from her. "Where are you going?"

"The Commissioner just texted something urgent. I'll be back soon!" You quickly piped in a mad dash for the office door, but not before hearing Bubble Girl yell down the hall.

"Don't take too long! You've got a quota to meet!"

——

A stroll was a pleasant idea considering the amount of hours you spent writing reports on the daily grind. The fresh air, the sounds of traffic and the friendly smiles of passersby refreshed your outlook while you skipped through the city, soon slowing at the sight of the small ramen shop ahead. It was an irony to meet at such a small establishment, something out of place compared to the tall gentrified city buildings that towered above. Yet it was quaint and quiet, a place of calm before a tall figure approached ahead, his green messy hair bouncing slightly in his little jog.