Hello, and Everything In-Between ft. Tsuyu Asui

A deep breath of the chilly winter air pricked your throat and lungs, but it was a good distraction from the nervousness you felt waiting outside those impeding double doors. Your foot bounced on its toes, anticipating, hoping that you'll get an answer soon about making arrangements. Despite having to prepare yourself for Todoroki's invitation over to his for Christmas, a time for rest and sharing with friends, you stood at the door of Musatafu's council chambers, waiting for a verdict on your approvals, for a wedding that you were proposed to on Christmas...

Ironic.

The creak of the large doors caught your ear, jumping at the sight of Tsuyu Asui exiting from the chambers, rugged up in a warm coat while she stepped into the chill you've been drowning in since waiting. You stared at her, anticipating her remark before her big eyes turned to you with a smile and a thumbs up along the way. The elation exploded in your heart, hopping towards the woman with a large hug.

"Thank you Asui!" You exclaimed happily.

"Anything for Midoriya, kero," she assured, returning your gesture. She pulled away with a triumphant smile before she noticed a forlorn look cross your features.

"Why are you still nervous?" She asked, curious of your sudden shift in demeanor so quickly.

"It feels so close now, and I'm worried about the state of things at the moment," you thoughtfully explained. "Everything could flip like a coin at any minute."

"Are you having second thoughts? Or cold feet?"

"What? Cold feet? No! It's just..." A sigh exasperated from your lips, an attempt to keep your worries away on such a festive day. Today was meant to be thankful and merry, to be with friends and family, to reflect on the year, which in turn only made your concerns exacerbate. The abrupt rescue mission led by none other than Denki Kaminari revealed the Front's existence, and when the city felt like it was about to collapse in itself, the swift organization of the Charity Ball only stirred the pot between everyone - Pro-Hero and law enforcement alike. To you, it was a mess.

But the greatest burden was the off-the-books rendezvous with Seek. Though confusing as it was, it kept you in the dark now that he was under custody once more. The nature of his escape baffled many, but his capture under Endeavour's agency has successfully reignited the public's opinion on the Pro-Heroes again. The politics was overwhelming. Still, there was something dirty about the way you felt, due in part to Seek's cryptic words, and of course, meeting another Midoriya other than the man you intended to marry. The rendezvous still lingered, trying to rationalize what had happened, but now left you with no heart to openly admit to Midoriya, your Midoriya, of what transpired. After all, how would you open the conversation in the first place?

"You'll be fine," piped Asui, snapping you out of all the thoughts that ran through your mind and harboured fear. "We can ask Yaoyorozu for extra security on the day, and Iida can help with that too, kero."

Although she was not aware of the intricacies of your worries, between the deceit and the truth, Asui only smiled, unassuming while she grabbed hold of your hands firmly. "Don't underestimate us. We all want the both of you to be happy."

Throughout the course of your relationship with Midoriya, you felt this swelling feeling of love from his friends that always held steadfast to his side. From Ochako Uraraka who admired his devotion to heroism, to Tsuyu Asui who stood before you not long ago ensuring that everything ran smoothly for your upcoming wedding plans to the man. Midoriya was not short of friends within his circle to come to his aid, including the prickly Ground Zero himself, as if he was their foundation and that everyone gravitated towards his gravitas to say the least.