Unwanted Attention feat. Minoru Mineta | Scary Dog Privilege Part 2

A deep yawn caught you off-guard while you rubbed the sleep from your eyes, keeping your gaze away from the morning sunlight that crept shy of the city's horizon. Quiet surrounded you while you traversed the markets, busy with the calls of fishermen trawling their catch from the sea. Becoming acquainted with Pro-Hero responsibilities was no different from a Sidekick's career, but the hours were brutal at times. This morning was one of them, out and about before the rush would follow, and at least being able to procure some needed items before your first shift of the day, holding onto the basket in hand already with some goods.

Aside from the exhaustion, you weren't alone on this venture, at least not for long when the sound of small footsteps turned a corner, stopping in their tracks upon the sight of you by one of many of the market stalls. The yellow boots tapped the pavement, slightly restless before they began to approach you as quietly as possible.

"Lovely morning today, isn't it?" harked a voice beside you. In fact, it was below you as well, taken back by the short stature of a masked Pro-Hero probably doing the rounds this early in the morning.

"Yeah, it sure is," you answered, caught in the midst of another yawn that refused to be silenced.

"Sounds like someone had a late night."

"Oh no, just an early morning start."

The sleep still refused to leave, drowsiness pricking the corner of your eyes after such a loud yawn. You rolled your neck and shoulders, hoping that alone could help relieve the tightness that grew between your blades. It was a momentary consolation, one that you began to feel the tension melt away if only slightly while the short man still gazed upon your form. For a moment it felt rather odd how close he was standing by you despite his height, and from what he was staring at, but first impressions aren't always the be all and end all to anyone's reputation.

"Say, my shift ends pretty soon. How about joining me for a warm breakfast?" he suggested with an invitation and a sullied smirk on his lips. "That ought to perk you right up."

"Hm? Sorry, I've already had breakfast," you nonchalantly answered, about to turn to explore more of the markets–

"How about brunch?"

He wasn't taking a hint.

"If you don't mind, I can take you to this nice little place close by. Get to know each other a bit more?" The Pro-Hero was bordering on harassment to your understanding, despite him having not done anything to physically harm you. It was a funny thought to imagine such a short man even attempting to do so, but it was an early morning for you to exert unnecessary energy at this rate.

"Um... as lovely as that sounds, I've got to head to work soon," you explained, hoping that alone would end the conversation.

"Can I grab your number then?" He asked, pushing the agenda further. You sighed heavily at the masked man, contemplating on your response with a shrug.

"Well, I only ever hand my number professionally, but I guess you're in my line of work anyhow." A little part of you couldn't help but see the effort this man was trying behind that grin and those weird stares. However, he snapped out of his attempts to woo you, staring up at you inquisitively.

"Wait, you're a Hero?" He asked, surprised.

"Recently certified actually. Six months give or take," you admitted, still gripping onto the basket in your arms. "I'm still wrapping my head around all the active Heroes in my district at least, but nice to meet a fellow... what's your name?"

"Um... Grape Juice?"

"Grape Juice..."

You mulled over the name, standing on thought while you stared at the man, inspecting his outfit. He continued to look back towards you while you analysed and raked your brain, wondering where you had heard that name before. Though deep in thought, you hadn't noticed the look in his eye, staring past you while a look of dread crossed his features, slightly unnerved and hesitant in his stance.

"Oh, you're from UA, aren't you?" You asked, finally grabbing hold of the epiphany in your mind. "I'm actually with a friend from your academy—"

"Uh... oh, that's good," he slowly intercepted your train of thought with a wavered tone in his voice, eyes still nervously staring past you. "Say, sorry to cut this short, but I gotta go!"

His words disappeared in a string altogether before he dashed away, leaving a trail of dust while his cape fluttered behind him. Odd, you thought, he was awfully chatty earlier and wanted nothing more than to stand next to you. Now all that was left was the tiny silhouette in the distance soon turning away into the city. You recalled something else about the Pro-Hero, having heard some unsavory words about him despite it being merely gossip from tabloids, yet the thought of his history with the illustrious academy only brought to mind the company you joined with this morning in the markets, having separated ways briefly. You thought to return to your stroll until your eyes came face-to-face with—

"Ah!" You cried out, caught by surprise of that deep and almost rageful stare that marred the face of the man who joined you this morning.

Izuku Midoriya angrily stared into the distance as if his glare could reach for miles. If you didn't know any better, he looked as bad if not as terrifying as the Pro-Hero Ground Zero's scowl. Despite this, he stood frozen in time, with a basket of his own, and a slight sneer on his lips.

"Why are you so mad?!" You exclaimed, almost frightened by the look he gave.

As if your voice caught his attention, his eyes relaxed immediately, melting away the anger that etched his brow. He blinked back into awareness, drawing his eyes towards your worried and slightly frightened expression. Midoriya alone couldn't fathom how he must've looked, sighing heavily at the thought of it.

"I'm sorry Cutie," he sighed exasperatedly.

"For what?" You asked once more, confused.

"... nothing. Come on, let's head over to Endor Docks."

Midoriya turned his back on you, a little embarrassed about his reaction to the earlier encounter you endured while he wasn't with you. On the other hand, he was relieved that nothing came out of it, except for your sudden witness to whatever that side of him was.