Cafuné | Day Off

There was hardly ever a day when either yourself or Midoriya had found a free day together. Aside from the usual public holiday, it was once in a blue moon. Yet here the both of you were, lying in bed, forgoing the sound of both of your alarms, tangled in the linen and staring into the sunlight that lit the room.

"Still complaining about the bed?" Asked Midoriya while he playfully tangled his fingers through your hair.

"Haha funny," you teased, sticking your tongue out at him.

He only chuckled at your childish reaction, nuzzling his nose onto yours and tickling you from the touch. He smiled at you from above, watching you lay on the soft pillows, feeling your body next to his.

"What was it like?" You asked curiously, turning your eye onto Midoriya. "You know, looking after me?"

"Oh, um... it was really awkward to be honest," answered Midoriya with a sheepish grin. "I never guessed you were a fan, at least like the way you acted."

You pouted while you lowered your head slightly towards the covers, keeping your eyes away from Midoriya out of embarrassment. The memories were hazy at best, but you did recall a few moments that you wished didn't see the light of day, such as the boundless enthusiasm you held when you tried to interpret the speed and trajectory of All Might's attacks. Your reaction did not go unnoticed though, finding Midoriya gaze down at you lovingly beside you.

"I think it was cute," he admitted, only giving you more embarrassment. "I hope we have a child who's just as enthusiastic as the both of us combined."

"... you do?" You slowly asked, staring up at him now with piqued interest.

"Well, of course. Whatever they're excited about, I want them to be as happy as they can be."

You smiled endearingly up at Midoriya, hearing the sincerity in his voice and filled with joy about his perspective on the future. Despite the fact that your wedding had yet to be organized, you loved his eagerness and his own take on the situation. He was an opinionated person when you got to know him intimately.

"I just hope they won't be as messy as you," he added on top, causing that smile of yours to fall momentarily.

"How about I mess with you for a bit before we get some breakfast?" You piped, grabbing his scalp and messing his already curly bed hair. Midoriya laughed out loud before he grabbed a hold of your waist, pushing you into the bed while the both of you tossed and turned, throwing pillows at one another.

All that surrounded you was your laughter and his, overthrown by the happiness in the moment.